Reset Your Zenith or LG DLP TV Lamp Counter
If you replace the DLP lamp out of your Zenith or LG, you will need to reset the counter…otherwise you may get an annoying reminder every few days if you’re surpassed the predetermined hour mark.
Ensure the TV is powered on.
1) Press and HOLD the MENU button on the TV
2) Press and HOLD the MENU button on your REMOTE
(hold both these until the service menu pops up 5-10 secs max.)
3) Let go of the REMOTE button first, then release the button on the TV
4) Press and HOLD the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV
5) Press and HOLD the MUTE button on the REMOTE
(hold both until the LAMP LIFE HOURS appears on the screen)
6) Let go of the REMOTE button first, then release the button on the TV
We suggest writing your lamp hours on a peice of masking tape and taping it to the back the TV for future reference.
7) To reset the lamp counter, press SELECT (or the button in the middle of the direction arrove buttons). Hit SELECT a second time to confirm clearing the lamp counter
For certain models, you might have to tweak these steps slightly… offer your inputs!