The red blinking on your PDG-DSU20 series projector means it’s time replace the projector lamp. A screen that is gradually becoming dimmer is also an indication that the lamp is nearing its end of life.
You’ll also see the warning message on screen: “The lamp is approaching the end of its useful life. Replacement is suggested.
Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper counterfeit model as this can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your projector. When you purchase an authentic projector lamp, you’re guaranteed a lamp that has been manufactured with high quality parts and one that won’t damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PDG-DSU20/DSU20N/DSU20E/DSU20B projector.
Your lamp number is POA-LMP118 (service part 610 337 1764).
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING THE POA-LMP118 LAMP
NOTE: These instructions can also be applied to the Sanyo DSU20N/DSU20E/DSU20B projectors.
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These machines operate under high temperatures and there is a BURN DANGER unless you allow it TO COOL.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PDG-DSU20 located at the top of the projector. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place, found on the right side of the projector, alongside the ventilation holes.
- Remove the two screws on either side of each the POA-LMP118 (service part 610 337 1764) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new POA-LMP118 (service part 610 337 1764) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
- Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
- Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
- Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PDG-DSU20 projector. If the POA-LMP118 (service part 610 337 1764)lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the lamp hour using the Setting menu.
- Be sure to clean your filter before turning on the Sanyo PDG-DSU20/DSU20N/DSU20E/DSU20B projector.
- Your old POA-LMP118 (service part 610 337 1764) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Resetting the PDG-DSU20 Lamp Replacement Counter
CAUTION: Don’t operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accident. Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the POA-LMP118 (service part 610 337 1764) has been replaced.
- Turn the Sanyo PDG-DSU20 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to Setting Menu icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter is reset, the Lamp Indicator will stop blinking and the on screen warning will disappear.
You can prolong the life of your POA-LMP118 (service part 610 337 1764) by regular cleaning to the filer to prevent dust build-up.