How to replace the Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector lamp
When you notice a yellow blinking light on the top of your Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector, it’s time to replace the Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 2912).
Be sure to purchase only genuine POALMP23 to protect your investment. While knock-off lamps can appear to be a bargain due to their cheaper prices, these counterfeit models can actually end up costing you more in the long run. Knock-offare manufactured with inferior parts that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector.
Buying a genuine Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) gives you a lamp made to meet the specifications of your SANYO PLC-SW10 projector while keeping your warranty intact.
Looking for a less expensive option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAMP REPLACEMENT
1. Turn off the Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
2. Underneath the Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the project.Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
3 Loosen both screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program..
4. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP23 (610 285 29123) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb a this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP23 (61028529123) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector will not turn on.
6. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer by following the instructions below.
NOTE: BE sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
How to reset the Sanyo PLC-SW10 Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector on.
- Press the MENU button to access the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to select the SETTING menu.
- Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU option.
- Press the POINT DOWN button so the red-arrow appears.
- Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT to open the next option.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.
- Click on the option YES to reset the timer.
- RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
Extending the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP23 lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) by following these tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SW10 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP23 (service parts no 610 285 29123) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SW10 from overheating.
Leave a Reply