Change the lamp in your Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector
Avoid the nightmare scenario of having your projector not work for the important presentation by knowing when it’s time to replace the lamp in your Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector. Watch for the yellow blinking light on the Lamp Replace Indicator on the top of your projector. This indicates your Sanyo POA-LMP31 (service parts no 610 289 8422) lamp is reaching the end of its life cycle and should be replaced immediately.
Follow our easy step-by-step instructions on how to replace the Sanyo POA-LMP31 (service parts no 610 289 8422) lamps for your Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector.
Buy your Sanyo POA-LMP31 (610 289 8422) from an authorized manufacturer and avoid the lure of lower-priced knock-off lamps. These counterfeit lamps are usually made with inferior parts that can damage your projector. They may end up costing you more if the damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector. Buying from a legitimate source keeps your projector under warranty and gives you a solid guarantee.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP31 Lamp Assembly
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector to cool to the touch. This can take between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when its still hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
2. Gently turn over the Sanyo PLC-XW15 to access the lamp cover at the bottom of the projector. Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover in place. Remove the cover and put it to one side.
3. Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP31 (6102898422) lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose the used lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP31 (service parts no 610 289 8422) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the lamp surface as oil from your fingers can cause black spots to appear when the projector is turned on. Gently maneuver the lamp into place. Don’t force the lamp as this may damage the lamp.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP31 (610 289 8422) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector will not turn on. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XW15. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP31 (service parts no 610 289 8422) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
How to reset the Sanyo PLC-XW15 Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the monitor not tracking the Sanyo POA-LMP31 (service parts no 610 289 8422) lamp life properly.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector on.
- Press the MENU button to access the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to select the SETTING menu.
- Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU option.
- Press the POINT DOWN button so the red-arrow appears.
- Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT to open the next option.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.
- Click on the option YES to reset the timer.
NOTE: RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP31 lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP31 (service parts no 610 289 8422) by following these tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP31 (service parts no 610 289 8422) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XW15 from overheating.
Leave a Reply