How to replace your Sanyo PLC-XP20 projector lamp
Watch for the Lamp Replacement Indicator blinking orange on projector panel. The orange blinking light indicates your projector lamp is nearing end of life. Replace the lamp immediately with model Sanyo L600-0068 .
Be Prepared–buy the proper lamp
Protect your investment and avoid hassles–buy a genuine Sanyo L600-0068 lamp from the original manufacturer with its quality parts. These genuine lamps have been designed with the correct technology to meet the specifications for your Sanyo PLC-XP20 projector.
Knock-offs are tempting since they appear to be such a bargain. But the few dollars you save buying these lamps can actually cost more in the long run. They use inferior materials that can damage the mechanisms in your projector or explode after only a few hours of use. If the price of your lamp seems too good to be true–WALK away. Stay safe and buy genuine projector lamps.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
STEP ONE: Installing the Sanyo L600-0068
Follow the quick and easy steps listed below to install your new Sanyo L600-0068 for your Sanyo PLC-XP20 projector:
- Turn the projector off. Disconnect the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XP20 projector to cool down for at least 45 minutes. The inside of the projector gets extremely hot — don’t attempt to change the lamp with the projector running or you will burn yourself badly.
- The lamp cover is on the bottom. Turn the projector onto its side and remove the single screw holding the cover in place. Put the lamp cover to one side.
- Remove the two screws holding the Sanyo L600-0068 lamp assembly in place. Grab the handle and pull out the used Sanyo L600-0068 projector lamp. Be sure to send the lamp to your local recycling program. DON’T throw this used Sanyo L600-0068 lamp into the garbage since it contains mercury and needs to be properly recycled.
- Take the new Sanyo L600-0068 lamp out of its box. Avoid touching the actual bulb since any fingerprints leave a black mark on the lamp when it heats up and give you black spots on your images. Using the handle, gently push the lamp into place.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp assembly.
- Put the lamp cover back in place and tighten the single screw.
- Re-connect the AC cord.
- Reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer following the steps below.
STEP TWO: Resetting the Sanyo PLC-XP20 Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer
In order for the projector to properly track the life cycle of your Sanyo L600-0068 projector lamp you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer.
NOTE: RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp Replace Monitor Reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- The message “OK?” appears. Click on YES.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
The Sanyo PLC-XP20 Lamp Replacement Monitor is now reset and will track the correct age of your newly installed Sanyo L600-0068 lamp.
NOTE: DO NOT reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer unless a new lamp has been installed. Otherwise, your projector will not be accurately tracking the lamp life and will extend the life of your current lamp beyond its safety limit.
STEP THREE: Extending the life of the Sanyo L600-0068 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo L600-0068 (service part number 610-282-2755) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-X20 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo L600-0068 and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XP20 projector from overheating.