How to change your Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector lamp
The first important step is to buy an authentic projector lamp. Avoid the temptation to purchase a cheaper version of the POA-LMP53 as these are often counterfeit models with less durable parts that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector. Get smart about counterfeit lamps by reading 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAMP REPLACEMENT
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP53 lamp
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Underneath the Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the project.Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the three screws on on the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service parts no 610 303 5826) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP53 (610-303-5826) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the three screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector.
Resetting the Lamp Replace counter on the Sanyo PLC-SU25 Projector
Reset the Lamp Replace Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) lamp has been replaced.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Make sure the Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector is turned on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Tips to extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SU25 projector from overheating.
Leave a Reply