Follow our quick guide to replace your projector lamp for the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 projector.
One of the first indications that your projector lamp is reaching it’s end of life is when the picture looks dim or has unnatural color. Around the same time, the Lamp Replacement Indciator will start flashing yellow. There are three signs that the lamp in your Order a replacement Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) immediately.
Be sure to buy a guaranteed authentic lamp from an authorized manufacturer. These genuine lamps are guaranteed to work properly with the sophisticated parts in your projector and keep your warranty intact.
Beware of inferior lamp knock-offs. If the price of the lamp you’re looking to buy seems like an incredible bargain, it’s properly a counterfeit been created using inferior parts. Knock-offs are susceptible to explosions and have a shorter life span.
These knock off lamps have not been properly calibrated to work with the sensitive components and can have damage your Sanyo PLC-XU50/ PLC-XU55 projector. Buying a knock-off lamp will also void your warranty and should anything happen to the projector you will not be covered. Be smart and investor an original Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706).
Installing the Sanyo POA-LMP55 lamp
NOTE: Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 is found on the bottom of the projector. Gently turn projector over and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place.
- Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Place the new Sanyo POA-LMP55 into the slot using the handle and not touching the actual bulb.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (6103092706) lamp assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replace Counter following the instructions below.
STEP THREE: Reset the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 Lamp Replace Counter
The Lamp Replace Counter for the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 will track the correct age of your newly installed lamp and trigger the Lamp Replacement Indicator. Failure to reset the counter may result in the projector not tracking the end of life for the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (610-309-2706) and letting the projector inadvertently use the lamp past its normal life cycle. Your Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU550 may stop working suddenly if the Lamp Replace Counter has not been properly set.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU. Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
3 tips for extending the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU50 / PLC-XU55 projector from overheating.