Your guide to replacing the Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector lamp
When the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) projector lamp is approaching end of life, the Indicator Light on the Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector will light yellow. If you notice your screen becoming dimmer or the picture quality is poor with colors that are not accurate, this is also a sign that your projector lamp is approaching end of life. Replace the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (610 307 7925) immediately whenever you see these indications.
While knock-off lamps may seem like a bargain due to their low prices, these counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector. Your warranty on your Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector may also be void if you install a knock-off Sanyo POA-LMP65 projector lamp. Install a genuine Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925).
lamp and keep your projector in good working order. Generic lamps have NOT been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector and due to their inferior workmanship are prone to exploding or catching on fire. They also have a much shorter lamp life.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically saavy? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Installing the Sanyo POA-LMP65 lamp
- NOTE: Allow the Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the lamp.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-SU50 is at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn projector over and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp cage. Loosen all three screws holding the lamp cage in place.
- Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Taking the new Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp assembly by the handle place it into the slot. Avoid touching the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers can burn a black spot on the lenses or you can accidentally break the bulb. Don’t force the lamp into place — it should slide into the slot easily.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-SL20 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the PLC-SL20 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP65 lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
STEP THREE: Reset the Sanyo PLC-SL20 Lamp Replace Counter
The Lamp Replace Counter for the Sanyo PLC-SU50 will track the correct age of your newly installed lamp and trigger the Lamp Replacement Indicator. Failure to reset the counter may result in the projector not tracking the end of life for the Sanyo POA-LMP65 and letting the projector inadvertently use the lamp past its normal life cycle. Your Sanyo PLC-SU50 may stop working suddenly if the Lamp Replace Counter has not been properly set.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU. Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
Extending the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP65 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP65 (service parts no 610 307 7925) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SU50 projector from overheating.