Install a new ASK A4 Compact projector lamp in 3 easy steps
When it’s time ASK A4 Compact projector lamp a warning message will appear on screen and the ALARM indicator located on the right side of the projector will flash red.
STEP ONE: Buying the right lamp
It’s important to install a genuine ASK LAMP-013 lamp. Even though they are cheaper in price, avoid buying generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85.
Using a counterfeit generic lamp will void any warranty for your ASK A4 Compact projector. A generic lamp can create poor illumination as well damaging the sensitive components in your projector. Knock-off lamps lack both the proper components and workmanship to ensure your projector is working at its peak. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Lutema Economy for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 TV Lamp (Bulb Only)
Lutema Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-013 Projector Lamp (Original Philips Bulb)
Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 (Bulb Only)
STEP TWO: Replacing the lamp
2. Press the snap lock and lift up to remove the ASK A4 Compact lamp lid. A safety switch will cut off power supply to the ASK LAMP-013 lamp completely.
3. Unscrew the two safety screws holding the ASK LAMP-013 lamp holder in place. Fold out the handle and pull out the old lamp holder. Be sure to dispose of the used ASK LAMP-013 lamp through a local recycling program. Recycle this lamp.
4. Inset the new lamp all the way into the ASK A4 Compact projector until it stops.
5. Fold the handle back in. Tighten the two screws that hold the ASK LAMP-013 lamp in place.
6. Snap the lamp lid on back the projector. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
STEP THREE: Reset the lamp timer
To reset the lamp timer:
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to OPTIONS. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE. Press ENTER.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.
The system will now recognize the new lamp and begin counting the lamp life of the newly installed ASK LAMP-013 lamp.