DIY for a new ASK C20 SVGA lamp projector
The lamp in the ASK C20 SVGA projector has a life of between 1500 to 2000 hours. When it’s time to replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 for your ASK C20 SVGA projector, you’ll see the ALARM button on the projector light red. A warning message will also appear on screen.
Follow our step-by-step guide for a quick and easy replacement of the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 in the ASK C20 SVGA projector.
Go with an authentic ASK LAMP-026
Protect your health and keep your projector warranty valid — install an authentic ASK LAMP-026.
Buy an ASK Proxima LAMP-026 from an authorized dealer and get the best lamp for your ASK C20 SVGA projector. Beware of cheaper knock-off lamps that will damage the sensitive mechanisms in your ASK C20 SVGA projector. These counterfeit “compatible” lamps are often sold at discounted prices and may appear to be a good deal but actually have a much shorter life span.
Due to their inferior materials and worksmanship, they are prone to exploding when installed into the projector. Copy-cat manufacturers are also using Krypton 85, a carcinogenic, radioactive material to create these generic “compatible” lamps.
Keep yourself and your projector safe by installing an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-026 from a recgonized reseller.
How to install the ASK LAMP-026
Before starting turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the ASK C20 SVGA projector to cool for one hour. There is a risk of burning yourself if you try to replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 before the projector has cooled down sufficiently.
- Turn over the ASK C20 SVGA to access the lamp. Loosen the 3 screws holding the lamp in place.
- Grab the handle on the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp cage and gently lift out the lamp. Place to one side.
The ASK LAMP-026 lamp contains mercury and should sent to a local recycling program for proper disposal.
- Take the new ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp. Avoid touching the bare bulb with as the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Place it into the projector.
- Tighten the three screws on the new ASK LAMP-026 lamp.
- You are ready to reset the Lamptimer.
STEP 3: Resetting the Lamptimer
It’s important to reset the Lamptimer after replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 in the ASK C20 SVGA projector in order that the lamp life be accurately tracked and recorded. Failure to do so may result in the lamp being used longer than it’s lamp life.
To reset the Lamptimer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset lamptimer option. Press ENTER.
- The lamptimer icon will appear to show you have reset the timer.