Replacing the ASK DP-6105 XGA projector lamp is quick and easy. Follow out this guide to a new ASK Proxima LAMP-031 for your ASK DP-6105 XGA projector.
Lamp Replacement Warnings
When it’s time to replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 you’ll notice a the ALARM button has light up read. Replace the lamp immediately to avoid any risk of the lamp exploding for overheating or the projector suddenly shutting down.
Go with authentic lamps
It’s important to install the correct ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp. Educate yourself and learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp. Generic lamps often advertised as “compatible” should be avoided since they can be dangerous. They’re manufactured with inferior parts using toxic substances such as Krypton-85, which has been linked to cancer.
These counterfeit generic lamp compromise your health and safety while voiding any warranties with your ASK DP-6105 XGA projector. Invest in a genuine OEM lamp with proper components that will keep the ASK DP-6105 XGA projector projector is working at its peak. Go with authentic.
Replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp
3. Unscrew the three safety screws holding the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp holder in place.
4. Gently grab the lamp holder and pull the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
5. Inset the new ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp all the way into the ASK DP-6105 XGA unit. Tighten the three screws that hold the ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp in place. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
In order for the ASK DP-6105 XGA to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed ASK Proxima LAMP-031 lamp, you’ll need to reset the timer.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to BASIC. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to ADVANCED. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.