When the Lamp Monitor on the on the ASK Proxima DP-5900 projector begins to blink orange, you will need to replace the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp immediately. Follow our step-by-step instructions for quick and easy instructions on installing the new ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 projector lamp.
Avoid generic lamps
Buy your ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 from an authorized manufacturer and avoid the lower-priced “compatible” generic lamps. These generic lamps are usually made with counterfeit parts including toxic substances carcinogenic substance Krypton-85. They also give off poor illumination and are prone to explosions that can damage sensitive mechanisms in your ASK Proxima DP-5900.
Go with an authentic ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 to protect your health and your projector. Buying from a legitimate source keeps your projector under warranty and gives you a solid guarantee. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Instructions for replacing the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 Projector Lamp
1. Before installing the new ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp turn off the ASK Proxima DP-5900 projector. Unplug the AC cord. Allow the projector to cool between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector while hot since it operates under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
2. The lamp cover for the ASK Proxima DP-5900 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
3. Loosen both screws holding the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Take the new ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb as this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the ASK Proxima DP-5900 projector will not turn on.
6. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the ASK Proxima DP-5900 projector. If the ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Counter Screen by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
How to reset the ASK Proxima DP-5900 Lamp Replacement Timer
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your ASK Proxima POA-LMP14 you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the ASK Proxima DP-5900 projector on.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to move to SETTING option.
- Press SELECT to display the SETTING menu.
- Using the POINT UP/DOWN button move through the list to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.” Cursor down and highlight YES. Press SELECT.
- The second messge “OK?” appears. Click on YES. Press SELECT.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and leave the menu area.