3 Steps to a new ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector lamp
Installing a replacement ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector lamp
The ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector lamp needs replacing when the LED light is blinking red. Shortly afterwards a “Change Lamp” message appears on screen. You should also check the ABOUT menu and see the lamp hours used is hitting close to 2000 hours–the maximum life span of your ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp. It’s time for a new lamp.
STEP 1: Buy the correct lamp
Finding the right lamp for your ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector can be a daunting. The market has been flooded with counterfeit lamps being advertised as “compatible.” They are tempting because of the cheaper price tag but they come with a hidden cost.
These lamps have been created with inferior and often toxic parts, such as the carcinogenic Krypton-85 (known to cause cancer in humans). Their poor workmanship means these generic lamps are also not going to work properly with the sophisticated components in your projector. You run the risk of damaging your projector which will no longer be under warranty once a generic lamp has been installed.
Buy your authentic lamp from an authorized dealer selling the OEM ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp. You’ll be getting guarantee on the lamp, technological support but more importantly protecting your health and safety.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Bronze for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Brand New SP-LAMP-007 Projector Replacement Lamp with New Housing for Ask Proxima Projectors
- Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007 (Bulb Only)
- Original Osram Projector Lamp Replacement with Housing for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007
- Lutema Economy for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007 Projector Lamp with Housing
STEP 2: Installing the new lamp
1. Turn off the ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector and unplug the power cord. NEVER operate the projector with the lamp door removed and this will cause the projector to overheat and the lamp to break. Wait 60 minutes for the ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector to cool thoroughly. The projector operates at a high temperature and there is a danger of burning if the projector is not cool enough.
2. Turn the ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector upside down. Remove the lamp cover by pressing the tab forward towards the lens.
3. Loosen the three screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp in place.
4. Grab the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp by the two indents and carefully lift it out of the projector. Place it to one side.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamps. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage
5. Tighten the three screws on the newly installed ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007.
6. Slide the lamp cover back into the tabs. Plug the power cord in and press the POWER button to turn the ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector back on. You are now ready to Lamp Timer.
Step 3: Resetting the Lamp Timer
Now you’ve installed a new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 you’ll need to reset the LAMP TIMER so the ASK Proxima DP-2000s projector can accurately track the lamp life. To reset the Lamp Timer:
Press the MENU button on the remote or keypad.
Use the ARROW button to scroll down to the SETTINGS menu. Press SELECT button.
Scroll down to the SERVICE option.Press the SELECT button.
Scroll down to the RESET LAMP option. Press the SELECT button.
The lamp hour will be reset to zero and track the lamp life.
Green your projector
Looking for a less expensive but more environmentally friendly option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing just the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Leave a Reply