Follow our 3-step guide to replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 in the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector lamp.
When to replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-012
The lamp in your ASK Proxima DP-8200X has approximately 2000 hours of lamp life. The time may vary depending on how often the ASK Proxima DP-8200X is run and the amount of regular maintenance done. When the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 needs to be replaced, you’ll see a Lamp Replacement message on screen and the LED ALARM indicator will light up red.
To track the number of hours left, select the ABOUT option on the MAIN menu.
Step 1: Finding the correct lamp
Avoid the many problems associated with counterfeit generic lamps and buy authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamps. These “compatible” have been created using toxic materials including Krypton-85, a carcinogenic substance known to cause cancer in humans. You’ll be getting a product created with inferior materials and poor workmanship that has a shorter lamp life and is prone to explosions.
Keep your projector warranty intact while protecting your health. Buy authentic and avoid all the hassles. When you buy an ASK Proxima LAMP-012 from an recognized dealer you get technical support plus a lamp manufactured to work properly with your ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
STEP 2 Installing the ASK Proxima LAMP-012
1. Turn off the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector and unplug the power cable.
2. Wait 60 minutes to allow the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector to cool thoroughly. These projectors operate at high heat and there is a risk of burning yourself seriously is you don’t wait until the projector has cooled.
3. The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector. Removing the two screws holding the lamp in place.
4. Slide the lamp door tabs out of the two tab bays.
5. Loosen the 3 screws on the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp module.
6. Grasp the meal wire handle and pull the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp out of the projector. Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamps. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage.
7. Put the new ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp into the AASK Proxima DP-8200X projector. Make sure it has been fitted properly and tighten the two screes on the new lamp.
8. Replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp door into the tab bays. Tighten the two screws.
9. Plug in the power cable and turn the ASK Proxima DP-8200X projector back on.
10. Reset the Lamp Hour Timer.
STEP 3: Reset the Lamp Hour Timer
In order for the ASK Proxima DP-8200X to properly track the lamp life for the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 properly, you need to reset the Lamp Hour timer every time your change the lamp.
- Scroll down to the SETTINGS menu. Press the SELECT button.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE option. Press SELECT button.
- Scroll down to LAMP RESET option. Press the SELECT button.
- The lamp hour will be reset back to zero.
Looking for an enviro-friendly option that is also less expensive? Consider just replacing the bulb instead of the whole lamp housing. For more info and a how-to guide watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 bulb.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.