Follow our quick guide for hassle free installation of a new BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 projector lamp.
You can expect up to 3000 hours from the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 projector lamp before it needs to be replaced in the BenQ MP525/MP525P projector.
The importance of buying authentic
In order to keep your BenQ MP525/MP525P projector working properly, you must install a genuine BenQ 5J.J0A05.001. Avoid generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” Although they appear to be a great bargain, generic lamps actually have a shorter life span and give off poor illumination. These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Using a counterfeit generic lamp will void any warranty for your BenQ MP525/MP525P projector.
Buying from an authorized seller of genuine projector lamps ensures installation of a lamp created with the proper components and workmanship that works properly with the key components in your projector. Genuine lamps will give you the sharpest and brightest picture. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Knowing when to replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp
To obtain the lamp hour information:
- Press Menu/Exit and then press the arrow key to highlight the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced menu.
- Scroll to Lamp Settings and press Mode/Enter. The Lamp Settings page is displayed showing the Equivalent Lamp Hour information appearing on the menu.
- You can also get the lamp hour information on the INFORMATION menu.
First Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 2500 hours. Install a new BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp for optimal performance. If you are using Econo Mode the lamp life will be extended to 2950.
Third Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 3000 hours. You may notice the brightness of the lamp diminishing significantly. It should be replaced immediately.
Replacing the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the MP525/MP525P projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
To replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp:
1. Protect the BenQ MP525/MP525P projector’s top surface by placing it face down on a soft surface. Turn the projector over and loosen the screws on the lamp cover.
2. Remove the lamp cover. Be careful not to insert your fingers between the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp and the projector as there are sharp edges that can cause injuries.
3. Loosen the screw holding the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp in place. A magnetic-head screwdriver will make it easier to remove the screw.
4. Pull out the lamp connector from a slot in the lamp compartment. Disconnect it from the BenQ MP525/MP525P projector.
5. Using the wire handle, slowly pull the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp out of the projector. Never force the lamp out; pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
6. Reconnect the lamp connector. Put the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp back into its slot so that it is flush with the BenQ MP525/MP525P projector.
7. Tighten the screw that secures the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp. A loose screw may cause a bad connection while a over tightened screw may cause the lamp to not work. Ensure the wire handle is fully flat and locked in place.
9. Tighten the screws that secure the lamp cover and restart the projector to reset the lamp timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Resetting the lamp timer
It’s important to set the lamp timer so the BenQ MP525/MP525P can accurately track the life of the newly installed BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp.
- After the start-up logo, press Menu/Exit
- Scroll down to SYSTEM SETUP. Press Enter.
- Scroll down to the Advanced menu.
- Press to highlight Lamp Settings.
- Press Mode/Enter to display the Lamp Settings page.
- A warning message is displayed asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Highlight Reset and press Mode/Enter.
- The lamp time will be reset to “0”.
Do not reset if the lamp is not new or replaced as this could cause damage.
Extend the life of the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the BenQ MP525/MP525P projector.
- Setting Lamp Power to Economic Mode. To set the Econo Mode: Go into the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Lamp Settings > Lamp Mode.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Money saver: Replace only the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 bulb
If you’re interested in saving some money and recycling why not think about replacing just the bulb instead of the entire lamp unit? By only replacing the BenQ 5J.J0405.001 bulb and re-using the actual lamp cage, you’ll have a greener and cheaper solution. It’s not as hard as it sounds and we have even created a video tutorial to show you how.