Follow our 3-step guide when it’s time to replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 in the BenQ MP576 projector.
Don’t leave replacing the lamp to the last minutes or you may have a projector that will not turn on.
Finding the correct lamp
It can be confusing finding the correct BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp for your BenQ MP576 projector. There are hundreds of website selling projector lamps but most of there lamps are knock-off generic lamps that you should avoid at all costs.
Generic “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain–however generic knock-off lamps are actually not that great a bargain.These are NOT authentic lamps and should be avoided for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds – you’re on your own to get a refund from the company when you buy from a reseller
The few dollars you save with generic “compatible” lamps is not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy a BenQ 5J.05Q01.001 lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Know when to replace
When it’s time to replace the BenQ 5J.05Q01.001 lamp you notice the Lamp Indicator on the top of the projector will begin flashing. Warning message will appear on screen.
To obtain the lamp hour information for the BenQ 5J.05Q01.001 lamp:
- Press Menu/Exit and then press the arrow key to highlight the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced menu.
- Scroll to Lamp Settings and press Mode/Enter. The Lamp Settings page is displayed showing the Equivalent Lamp Hour information appearing on the menu.
- You can also get the lamp hour information on the INFORMATION menu.
First Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 2500 hours. Install a new BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp for optimal performance. If you are using Econo Mode the lamp life will be extended to 2950.
Third Warning: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp has been in operation equivalent to 3000 hours. You may notice the brightness of the lamp diminishing significantly. The lamp should be replaced immediately.
Replacing the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ MP576 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
To replace the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp:
1. Protect the BenQ MP515 projector’s top surface by placing it face down on a soft surface. Turn the projector over and loosen the screws on the lamp cover.
2. Remove the lamp cover. Be careful not to insert your fingers between the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp and the projector as there are sharp edges that can cause injuries.
3. Loosen the screw holding the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp in place. A magnetic-head screwdriver will make it easier to remove the screw.
4. Pull out the lamp connector from a slot in the lamp compartment. Disconnect it from the projector.
5. Using the wire handle, slowly pull the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp out of the projector. Never force the lamp out of the projecto; pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
6. Reconnect the lamp connector. Put the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp back into its slot so that it is flush with the projector.
7. Tighten the screw that secures the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp. A loose screw may cause a bad connection while a over tightened screw may cause the lamp to not work. Ensure the wire handle is fully flat and locked in place.
9. Tighten the screws that secure the lamp cover and restart the projector to reset the lamp timer. NOTE: The BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Resetting the lamp timer
It’s important to set the lamp timer so the BenQ MP576 can accurately track the life of the newly installed BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp.
- After the start-up logo, press Menu/Exit
- Scroll down to SYSTEM SETUP. Press Enter.
- Scroll down to the Advanced menu.
- Press to highlight Lamp Settings.
- Press Mode/Enter to display the Lamp Settings page.
- A warning message is displayed asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Highlight Reset and press Mode/Enter.
- The lamp time will be reset to “0”.
Do not reset if the lamp is not new or replaced as this could cause damage.
Extend the life of the BenQ 5J.J0A05.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the MP576 projector.
- Setting Lamp Power to Economic Mode. To set the Econo Mode: Go into the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Lamp Settings > Lamp Mode.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Go green and reduce your carbon footprint
If you’re interested in saving some money and recycling why not think about replacing just the bulb instead of the entire lamp unit? By only replacing the BenQ 5J.J0405.001 bulb and re-using the actual lamp cage. It’s not as hard as it sounds and we have even created a video tutorial to show you how.