Follow our quick guide to replace the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp in your BenQ MP770 projector.
Step 1: Buy authentic
Your BenQ MP770 projector is a sophisticated machine with sensitive electronic components. The BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 projector lamp has been designed specifically to keep your projector operating at optimum levels.
You’ll want to install an authentic BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp to keep your BenQ MP770 projector working properly and to get the best picture quality. Although cheaper at first, generic knock-off lamps are actually not that great a bargain. These so-called “compatible” lamps are prone to explosion, have poor illumination, a shorter lamp life and can cause permanent damaged to the sensitive electronic components in your BenQ MP770 projector.
Copy-cat manufacturers simply don’t have the parts or the know-how to create a proper projector lamp so create their lamps using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Don’t compromise your health and void your warranty to save a few extra dollars. Go with an authentic BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 OEM lamp sold by a dependable seller and keep your BenQ MP770 projector working. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Looking for the less expensive, eco-friendly option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Step 2: When to replace the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp
You’ll have plenty of notice when it’s time to replace the BenQ 5J.J1S01.0011 lamp. When it approaches end of life the BenQ MP770 projector’s lamp indicator will light red and the following warning messages will appear on screen.
Your first warning to replace the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp will show up when the lamp has been in operation for over 2800 hours. Replace the lamp as soon as possible and watch for the projected images becoming darker on the BenQ MP770 projector.
The final warning will flash in the center of the BenQ MP770 for 40 seconds before the projector shuts down. Replace the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 immediately.
Step 3: Replace the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ MP770 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. The BenQ MP770 operates under high temperatures and needs time to coll.
- Turn the power off and disconnect the BenQ MP770 projector.
- The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the projector. Turn the projector over and loosen screw holding the BenQ MP770 lamp cover in place. (Use a magnetic screwdriver to make the whole process easier.)
- Remove the lamp cover from the BenQ MP770 projector.
- Loosen the connectors on the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp. Don’t try to lift out the lamp until the connectors have been released.
- Loosen the screw holding the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp in place. Be sure not the lose the screw!
- Grab the wire handle on the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp so it lifts up. Slowly and gently pull the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp out of the projector. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do when the bulb breaks.
- Avoid touching the optical components inside the projector as this can leave marks on the lenses causing image distortion and unwanted color changes.
- Hold the new BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp by the sides and align the two locators on the bottom of the lamp with the holes in the BenQ MP770 projector lamp (they look like little feet). Push the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp down all the way into the projector.
- Re-attach the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp connector into the BenQ MP770 projector.
- Tighten the screw on the newly installed BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp.
- Install the BenQ MP770 projector lamp cover.
- Tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
- Reset the lamp timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Reset the BenQ MP770 lamp timer
- After the startup logo, open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu.
- Scroll down to SYSTEM SETUP.
- Scroll down to the Advanced menu.
- Choose Lamp Settings menu.
- Press ENTER to display the Lamp Settings page displays.
- Scroll down to highlight the Reset Lamp Timer.
- A warning message display asking if you want to reset the lamp timer.
- Highlight the Reset option and press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to ‘0’.
Do not reset if the lamp is not new or replaced as this could cause damage.
Tips for a longer lasting BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp life last longer with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ MP770 projector and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.