Your D.I.Y. installation guide for the Epson V11H245020MB projector lamp
Here is your D.I.Y. guide to replacing the Epson V11H245020MB projector lamp.
Follow these 3 easy steps for a hassle-free installation.
Step 1: Know when you need a new lamp
The Epson ELPLP39 lamp lasts up to 3000 hours IF you are doing regular maintenance on your projector and not overusing it.
Find how many hours are left for your Epson ELPLP39 by consulting the Info menu on the Epson V11H245020MB screen.
Watch for the typical signs indicating the Epson ELPLP39 lamp is reaching its end of life
- an image that deteriorates and becomes quite dark.
- a red flashing light on the projector that blinks every few seconds — this is the lamp warning light.
- a message: “Replace the lamp” flashes on the screen when you start using the projector.
Replace the Epson ELPLP39 immediately when you see any of these signs.
Step 2: Avoid counterfeits
Buy authentic to keep your Epson V11H245020MB working properly. Look for the seal of approval when you purchase your lamp. This guarantees a Epson ELPLP39 lamp that has been created by an OEM manufacturer offering technical support and a refund should there be any problems.
” Compatible” lamps sold at ridiculously low prices should be avoided for the following reasons:
- counterfeits have a much shorter life so end up costing more
- counterfeit lamps are being created with carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- calibrated properly and can damaged the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson V11H245020MB projector will become void.
Learn how to spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Step 3: Installing the Epson ELPLP39 lamp
Before installing the new Epson ELPLP39 lamp, follow these four preparation steps:
- The Epson V11H245020MB operated under high temperatures so let cool for one full hour. You can get burned badly if the projector has not cooled.
- press the power button and wait for the light to stop flashing.
- turn off the power switch at the back on the projector
- unplug any power cords.
Press the latches holding the Epson V11H245020MB lamp cover in place. Gently lift off the cover and place it to one side.
Using the screw driver provided, loosen the two screws keeping the Epson ELPLP39 lamp in place enough so the lamp can lift out.
NOTE: Don’t throw the Epson ELPLP39 into regular garbage! This lamp contains mercury and should not be properly recycled your used lamps! Your authorized manufacturer will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost. (Another reason to go with authentic lamps!)
Line up the new Epson ELPLP39 lamp and slide it into Epson V11H245020MB. Avoid touching the actual bulb since the oil on your finger can cause black spots on the lamp when it heats up.
Once in place, tighten to screws on either side of the Epson ELPLP39 lamp.
Resetting the Lamp Usage Timer
It’s important to reset the Lamp Usage Timer so the Epson V11H245020MB projector will know when it’s time for a new Epson ELPLP39 lamp.
- Press the MENU button on the projector or remote control.
- Navigate to the RESET menu. Select Reset Lamp Hours option. Press SELECT.
- A confirmations screen will pop up on the screen. Highlight YES and the SELECT to reset the hour.
- Press the MENU button to exit.
NOTE: The lamp usage times shows 0H until you’ve used the lamp for at least 10 hours.
Resetting the timer before installing a new Epson ELPLP39 can cause serious damage to your projector.
Get more life from your Epson ELPLP39 lamp
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP39 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson V11H245020MB projector and let it stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.