Replacing the lamp in your Epson Ensemble HD 1080 projector
You’ll need to contact the Epson hotline to find a qualified service agent. The Epson Ensemble HD 1080 projector lamp is not one you can replace yourself.
Check lamp hours
You can determine if the Epson ELPLP39 needs to be replaced. In order to access the Checking Info Menu
If you have access to the Epson Ensemble HD 1080 INFO menu, you’ll need the original remote control.
If you no longer have the original remote that came with the Epson Ensemble HD 1080, you have to use the buttons on the projector control panel to access the INFO menu. Removed the bottom of the projector enclosure to access the control panel.
You can also check the warning light on the projector’s control panel. If the warning light is flashing red at half-second intervals the Epson ELPLP39 lamps needs to be replaced.
To use the Epson Private Line Support service call 800-637-7661 and enter the PIN on the EPSON support card that came with your projector. You can also speak with a projector support specialist at 562-276-4394. Both lines are open from 6 am to 6pm Pacfic Time. The support website can be reached at epson.com/support
Buy authentic lamps
You have your project ready for changing the lamps but buying an authentic Epson ELPLP39 lamps. Don’t buy the “generic” lamps who claim their discounted lamps are equal to an OEM lamp. Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer.
You pay for what you get and in the case of lower-priced generic lamps it’s a long list of problems:
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible lamps are made with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- generics will cause damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- compatibles don’t offer guarantee or refunds and will void your warranty.
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authentic Epson ELPLP39 from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product and tech support from an OEM manufacturer. Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Tips for extending Epson ELPLP39 lamp life
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP39 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Ensemble HD 1080 projector and let it stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.