Your D.I.Y. guide to a new Epson EMP-62 projector lamp
Follow this handy guide in order to replace the lamp in your Epson EMP-62 projector.
Watch for the signs that the Epson ELPLP34 needs to be replaced in the Epson EMP-62 projector:
- Dark image
- Image that has deteriorated
- On warning message appears on screen
- Lamp light flashes on the Epson EMP-62 flashes orange.
You can expect 1900 hours of lamp life with the Epson ELPLP34 when the Brightness Control is on High. If the Brightness Control is on low, you can expect 2900 hours of lamp life. Scroll down for instructions on how to reset the Brightness Control.
Why buy an authentic lamp?
The Internet has been flooded with companies offering “generic” compatible lamps. Although they seem like a bargain, these lamps are actually not good for your Epson EMP-62 projector:
- generic have a much shorter lamp life than OEM lamps
- copycat lamps are often created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- compatible lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps are not calibrated properly and can the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson EMP-62 projector will become void.
Be sure the purchase an authentic Epson ELPLP34 to protect your health and the safety of your Epson EMP-62 projector. Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Install the Epson ELPLP34
- Turn off power switch on the back of the Epson EMP-62 projector. The confirmation buzzer will sounds twice.
- Disconnect the power cable
- Allow the Epson EMP-62 projector to cool for one hour. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
1. The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson EMP-62 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
2. Slide the Epson EMP-62 projector lamp cover off.
3. Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP34 lamp in place.
4. Grab the Epson ELPLP34 lamp by the two indents on the lamp. Gently remove the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP34 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
5. Gently insert the Epson ELPLP34 lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
NOTE: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
6. Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP34 lamp.
7. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson EMP-62 projector lamp cover.
8. Reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer on the Epson EMP-62 projector
Reset the Epson EMP-62 projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP34 lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET. Press ENTER.
- Click on RESET ALL.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
How to set the brightness mode
- Press the MENU button on the remote control.
- Scroll down to the SETTINGS. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Brightness Control menu.
- Press the up arrow to change the setting to low.
- Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP34 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP34 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-62 projector projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Thanks for the tips. Just ordered a new lamp and i will try to install it on my emp-62 projector.