Replacing the Epson EMP-810 projector lamp
Wondering how to replace the lamp in your Epson EMP-810 projector? Follow this easy step-by-step guide to a new Epson EMP-810 projector lamp
Why buy authentic?
Genuine Epson ELPLP15 lamp are the only lamps that will keep your Epson EMP-810 projector working at its optimum levels. These OEM authentic Epson ELPLP15 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson EMP-810 projector while generic lamps have not been properly calibrated.
Counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson EMP-810 projector projector and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Even more troubling are the toxic, carcinogenic materials you are exposed to after installing one of these generic lamps. Installing a knock-off lamp will also void the guarantee on your Epson EMP-810 projector leaving you unprotected should anything happen after installation. Avoid hassles and buy authentic. Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. Learn how to protect yourself from counterfeit manufacturers.
When to replace the Epson ELPLP15 lamp
The Epson ELPLP15 has an expected life of 1400 hours. You should keep an extra lamp on hand since lamp life will vary. Heavy use of the Epson EMP-810 projector will reduce the expected hours. Watch for the warning signs:
- The lamp indicator flashes orange or lights red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen for 30 seconds when the projection starts.
- The user’s logo disappears on screen and the lamp replacement message appears instead.
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorate
- Have an extra lamp on hand since some lamps may stop before 1400 hours.
Installing a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
2. Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-810 projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Use the screwdriver provided and place it into the slot so the Epson EMP-810 lamp cover lifts up. Hold the raised section of the lamp cover to slide it forward and remove it from the Epson EMP-810 projector.
Loosen the two screw holding the Epson ELPLP15 lamp in place.
Grab the two indents on the other sides of the lamp and pull from the projector. Take care not knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws.
Insert the cover tabs into the Epson EMP-810 projector. Press the other side of the cover until it clicks into place.
A spare air filters comes with this lamp and should be replaced at the same. You can also reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-810 lamp timer
The lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing theEpson ELPLP15. This timer helps the Epson EMP-810 proiector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson EMP-810 lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control.
- The MAIN MENU will be shown.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to Reset Lamp Timer from the ABOUT menu.
- Press the ENTER key.
A second prompt screen will be displayed.
Select YES to EXECUTE.
Press the ENTER button.
The lamp hours will be rest to zero.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-810 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.