Know when the Epson EMP-811 projector lamp needs to be replaced. The Epson EMP-811 projector uses the Epson ELPLP15 projector lamp.
Step 1: Be prepared
Your projector won’t work without a working lamp so it’s important to know when to replace the Epson EMP-811 projector lamp. Protect your projector by installing an original OEM lamp and by avoiding any generic or “compatible” lamps. Only genuine Epson ELPLP15 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson EMP-811 projector.
Despite their bargain prices, knock-off lamps have a shorter life and can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Epson EMP-811 projector projector. They are also prone to explosions and actually have a much shorter working life that authentic lamps due to the inferior materials used during their production. Even more troubling are the toxic, carcinogenic materials used to create these copycat lamps. you are being exposed to after installing one of these generic lamps.
Step 2: Know when to replace
The Epson ELPLP15 has an expected life of 1400 hours. You may have less lamp life left if your Epson EMP-811 projector will reduce the expected hours. Watch for the warning signs:
- The lamp indicator flashes orange or lights red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen for 30 seconds when the projection starts.
- The user’s logo disappears on screen and the lamp replacement message appears instead.
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorate
- Have an extra lamp on hand since some lamps may stop before 1400 hours.
Installing a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
- Turn off the projector power. Let it cool for down for two minutes before removing the power cord.
- Wait another 45 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-811 projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch. This projector operates under high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t wait until it has cooled.
- Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Use the screwdriver provided and place it into the slot so the Epson EMP-811 lamp cover lifts up. Hold the raised section of the lamp cover to slide it forward and remove it from the Epson EMP-811 projector.
Loosen the two screw holding the Epson ELPLP15 lamp in place.
Grab the two indents on the other sides of the lamp and pull from the projector. Take care not knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws.
Insert the cover tabs into the Epson EMP-811 projector. Press the other side of the cover until it clicks into place.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-811 lamp timer
After replacing theEpson ELPLP15 lamp you’ll need to reset the lamp timer in order for the Epson EMP-811 to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson EMP-811 lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp.
- The MAIN MENU will be shown.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to Reset Lamp Timer from the ABOUT menu.
- Press the ENTER key.
A second prompt screen will be displayed.
Select YES to EXECUTE.
Press the ENTER button.
The lamp hours will be rest to zero.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-811 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.