Lamp Life & Warning Signs
The Epson ELPLP15 has an expected life of 1500 hours. Keep an extra lamp on hand since lamp life will vary. Heavy use of the Epson EMP-811P projector will reduce the expected hours.
Watch for the warning signs:
- The lamp indicator flashes orange/red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen for 30 seconds when the projection starts.
- The user’s logo disappears on screen and the lamp replacement message appears instead.
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorate
- Have an extra lamp on hand since some lamps may stop before 1500 hours.
Go with authentic
This seal guarantees that the lamp you are about to buy has been been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson EMP-811P projector and will keep it working under optimum conditions.
Generic lamps, advertised as “compatible” are created with toxic, carcinogenic materials and despite their bargain prices, actually cost more in the long run because they have a shorter life. Generics can also can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson EMP-811P projector projector.
How to install the new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
Before installing the lamp get the Epson EMP811P projector ready:
- Turn off the projector power.
- Give two-minutes for a cool-down period and then disconnect the power cord.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-811P projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
- NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Using the same screwdriver, loosen the screws holding the Epson ELPLP15 lamp in place.
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws. Be sure not to touch the actual glass bulb as the oil from your fingers will cause a black spot to appear when the lamp heats up.
Insert the cover tabs into the Epson EMP-811P projector. Press the other side of the cover until it clicks into place. You are ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-600P lamp timer
The lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing the Epson ELPLP15. Only reset the Epson EMP-811P lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control.
- The MAIN MENU will be shown.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to Reset Lamp Timer from the ABOUT menu.
- Press the ENTER key.
- A second prompt screen will be displayed.
- Select YES to EXECUTE.
- Press the ENTER button.
- The lamp hours will be rest to zero.
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the pson EMP-811Pprojector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-811P projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.