Replacement instructions for your Epson EMP-800UG projector lamp
You can expect up to 1400 of Epson EMP-800UG projector lamp life depending on usage and whether regular maintenance is done.
Step 1: Watch for warning signs
- The lamp indicator on the projector flashes orange or lights up red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on screen seconds when the projection starts.
- The colour and image starts to deteriorate becoming dark or dim.
Step 2: Be prepared with the correct lamp
Your Epson EMP-800UG has been built to operate with an OEM manufactured lamp that is properly calibrated to work with the highly sophisticated optics in the projector. Buying genuine Epson ELPLP15 lamps that have been manufactured to meet the needs of the Epson EMP-800UG will guarantee a longer life for the projector.
Why avoid generic lamps?
Generic lamps may appear like an incredible bargain due to their price tag. But when you factor in all the problems they cause, generic lamps actually cost more in the long run. Here’s a list of their associated problems:
- prone to explosions because of their inferior workmanship
- don’t last the full 1400 hours
- health hazard due to the toxic materials used
- not calibrated properly and will damage the optics
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson EMP-800UG projector will become void.
Protect your health, the health of your Epson EMP-800UG projector and buy authentic. Don’t be fooled by the generic manufacturers: Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Step 3: Installing the new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
- Turn off the projector power and give a two-minute cool-down period before disconnecting the power cord.
- Give the Epson EMP-800UG projector enough time to cool down — wait at least 30 minutes to one hour. These projector operates under high heat. Be sure it’s cool the the touch before opening it up.
- Do not operate the projectors while the lamp. It can ruin the projector beyond repair as well as result in a fire and other accidents.
Loosen the two screw holding the Epson ELPLP15 lamp in place.
Grab lamp by it side and pull straight up from the projector. Take care not knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Hold the lamp by the sides. Don’t touch the actual glass bulb as your fingerprints will leave marks that will gradually cause a black dot on the screen when the projector heats ups. Facing the Epson ELPLP15lamp the correct way so it fits into the projector, gently lower it into the projector. Tighten the screws.
Insert the cover tabs into the Epson EMP-800UG projector, making sure they line up properly with the tabs. Press the other side of the cover down until it clicks into place.
Be sure the lamp cover is on properly or the projector will not turn on.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-800UG lamp timer
After installing a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp, the lamp timer will need to be reset in order for the Epson EMP-800UG to properly track the lamp life. You run the risk of damaging your projector should the lamp be used beyond the recommended 1900 hours, so only reset the lamp hours when a new lamp has been installed.
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control.
- The MAIN MENU will be shown.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to Reset Lamp Timer from the ABOUT menu.
- Press the ENTER key.
A second prompt screen will be displayed.
- Select YES to EXECUTE.
- Press the ENTER button.
- The lamp hours will be rest to zero.
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-800UG and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.