Your Epson EMP-810UG projector will not work without a proper lamp installed. It needs a Epson ELPLP15 installed. Learn how with quick installation guide.
OEM lamps to protect your projector
Keep your Epson EMP-810UG projector in good working condition by installing a genuine Epson ELPLP15 lamp. These OEM Epson ELPLP15 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of a Epson EMP-810UG projector.
Knock-off lamps, also known as generic or compatible lamps, may seem like a bargain due to their low prices but they can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson EMP-810UG projector projector as well as expose you to carcinogenic materials.
Warning signs for replacing
The Epson ELPLP15 has an expected life of 1400 hours but this time may vary depending on how often the Epson EMP-810UG projector is used. Regular maintenance left undone, such as cleaning out the air filters, also shortens the lamp life.
Know the warning signs that the lamp is approaching end of life:
- The lamp indicator flashes orange or lights red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen for 30 seconds when the projection starts.
- The user’s logo disappears on screen and the lamp replacement message appears instead.
- The colour gets less clear and images gets darker or grow dimmer.
Installing a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
Do these steps before installing the new lamp:
- Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes are over.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-810UG projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
- Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Using the same screwdriver, loosen the two screw holding the Epson ELPLP15 lamp in place.
Grab the Epson ELPLP15 by its two sides taking care not to knock the actual bulb — this can cause it to break. sides of the lamp and pull from the projector. Take care not knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do if the bulb breaks.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP15 lamp contains mercury and needs to be properly recycled. Because it contains mercury, it can’t be thrown into the regular day-to-day garbage. Contact your OEM manufacturer to recycling instructions.
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws.
To re-install the lamp cover, align the top tabs with the Epson EMP-810UG projector. Press the other side of the cover until it clicks into place.
A spare air filters comes with this lamp and should be replaced at the same. You must now reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-810UG lamp timer
After replacing theEpson ELPLP15 lamp you’ll need to reset the lamp timer in order for the Epson EMP-810UG to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson EMP-810UG lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed or you run the risk of the lamp being used beyond its recommended lamp life and damaging your projector.
To reset the lamp:
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control.
- The MAIN MENU will be shown.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to Reset Lamp Timer from the ABOUT menu.
- Press the ENTER key.
A second prompt screen will be displayed.
- Select YES to EXECUTE.
- Press the ENTER button.
- The lamp hours will be rest to zero.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-810UG projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.