3 steps to a new Epson Powerlite 810P projector lamp
The Epson Powerlite 810P projector lampwill have 1500 hours of lamp life depending on usage.
If regular maintenance is done on the Epson Powerlite 810P, the lamp will last longer. Watch for the warning signs that you need to replace the Epson Powerlite 810P projector lamp
- Image begins to dim or actually deteriorate. Colours appear distorted.
- “Replace the Lamp” warning message appears on screen.
- Lamp light lights red or starts flashing red.
Check the amount of lamp life left from the About menu found on the Main Menu.
When if comes to installing your Epson ELPLP15 it’s best to buy an authentic lamp from an OEM source. There are plenty of cheap lamps for sale. In fact, some of the more popular retail sites sell project lamps with major discounts. These “generic” lamps are advertised as compatible with your Epson PowerLite 810P when it fact they have a variety of problems:
- prone to explosions because of their inferior workmanship
- don’t last the full 1400 hours
- present health hazard due to the toxic materials used
- can damage the projector optics since they are not calibrated properly
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson EMP-820 projector will become void.
Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Step 3: Installing the new Epson ELPLP15 lamp
Before opening the Epson PowerLite 810P projector and installing the new Epson ELPLP15 lamp, do these preparatory steps:
- Turn off the projector and wait until the power lights stops flashing.
- Unplug the power cord so the projector can’t be accidentally turned of while the lamp is being replaced.
- Wait for at least one hour for the Epson PowerLite 810P to cool down. It should be cool to the touch. This is crucial. These projectors operate under high heat and you can get burned very badly if the projector is still hot.
Take the screwdriver that came with the Epson PowerLite 810P and use it to pop open the lamp cover. Put the lamp cover to one side.
Once the lid is removed, use the same screwdriver to loosen the screws holding the Epson ELPLP15 in place. NOTE: The screws will not come all the way out.
Put the old lamp aside for proper recycling. These lamps can’t be thrown into the garbage as they contain mercury.
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws. Line up the hinges on the cover and snap back into place.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson PowerLite 810P lamp timer
After replacing the Epson ELPLP15 lamp you’ll need to reset the lamp timer in order for the Epson PowerLite 810P to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson PowerLite 810P lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed or you run the risk of the lamp being used beyond its recommended lamp life and damaging your projector.
To reset the lamp:
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control to display the MAIN MENU.
- Scroll down to the ABOUT menu. Press the ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset Lamp Timer option.
- The reset dialogue box will appear asking you to Execute? Press Yes.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- No lamp hours will appear until you have used the Epson ELPLP15 for at least 10 hours.
Tips for longer lamp life:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 810P projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.