Learn where to find the right Epson Powerlite 81p projector lamp and how to install it
Note: These instructions can also be used for the Epson Powerlite 81 projector.
You can expect between 2000 to 3000 hours of Epson ELPLP30 lamp life used in the Epson PowerLite 81p If the Epson PowerLite 81p projector’s Brightness Mode is set to low, you can expect up to 3000 hours. The replacement warnings will be triggered at 2000 hours.
As the Epson ELPLP30 approaches its end of life, some telltale signs will start showing up:
- Replace the Lamp” message appears on screen when the projector is turned on.
- the lamp light on the Epson PowerLite 81p begins flashing orange.
- the picture gets darker and continues to deteriorate
- When you see any of these signs, get prepared to change the Epson ELPLP30 lamp.
Why buy authentic
Authentic lamps are the only option if you want to keep your Epson PowerLite 81p working at its optimum levels. There are plenty of generics out there that can damage the inside of your Epson Powerlite 81p. If the price of the Epson ELPLP30 lamps seems really low, the you are about to buy is a counterfeit. Often advertised as “generic,” these lamps and claim to be compatible with your Epson EMP-81p. They have in fact been created using inferior parts that are a health risk due to xic substitutes.
Installing the Epson ELPLP30
You’ll need to these preparatory steps before installing the new Epson ELPLP30 in the Epson PowerLite 81p projector:
- press the off power button twice to power down the projector and after you hear two beeps followed by 60 seconds of no sound,
- give the projector one full hour to cool. The Epson PowerLite 81p operates on high heat and you will burn yourself if the projector has not cooled down.
Using the screwdriver provided, loosen the screw holding the Epson PowerLite 81p lamp cover in place.
Once the lamp cover screw has been loosened, slide the cover off the Epson PowerLite-81p projector. Place it to one side of safe keeping.
Using the screw driver provided, loosen both screws holding the Epson ELPLP30 screws in place. They will not come out of the lamp altogether.
NOTE: Make sure to properly recycle the Epson ELPLP30 lamp. It can’t be thrown into regular garbage since it contains mercury. Your authorized manufacturer will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost.
Remove the packaging from the new Epson ELPLP30 lamp being sure not to touch the glass bulb. Your fingerprints can leave oil marks on the glass causing black spots to appear on screen when the projector heats up.
Line up the Epson ELPLP30 lamp and gently lower it into the EMP-81p projector.
Line up the lamp cover and slide it back onto the projector. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover. You’re now ready to reset the lamp operating timer.
Resetting the Lamp Operating Timer
The Lamp Operating Timer determines when the Epson ELPLP30 lamp is reaching its 2000 hours end of life. Only reset this option when you have installed a new lamp otherwise you run the risk of using an older lamp past its recommended usage. This can cause the old lamp to explode.
To reset the Lamp Operating Timer:
- Plug the power cord back into the projector
- Press the on button and wait for the projector to warm up.
- Press the MENU button to display the Menu options.
- Scroll down to select RESET menu. Press enter.
- Scroll down and choose RESET LAMP HOURS option
- Press ENTER.
- The reset lamp hour message will show up.
- Select YES
- Press ENTER.
- Lamp hours will be set to zero.
Extending the Epson ELPLP30 lamp life
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP30 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- To avoid overhearing the projector and causing the lamp to explode, keep the air filters clean.
- Let the Epson PoewerLite-81p rest for at least one hour per day.
- Using it only our to five hours per day will give the lamp a longer life.
- Set brightness to low and get another 1000
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted. Overheating can cause lamp failure.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.