Your D.I.Y. guide to a new Epson PowerLite 900 projector lamp
Follow our step-by-step guide for a quick and easy installation of your Epson PowerLite 900 projector lamp.
The Epson PowerLite 900 projector lamp has an expected life of 3000 hours. You have an extra lamp on hand since lamp life will vary.
Replacement Warning Signs
When it’s time to replace the Epson PowerLite 900 projector lamp, you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- The projector lamp indicator flashes orange.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
Keep your projector working
A genuine Epson ELPLP22 projector lamp is the only lamp that will keep your Epson PowerLite 900 projector working at its optimum levels. OEM authentic Epson ELPLP22 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson PowerLite 900 projector.
Counterfeit projector lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson PowerLite 900 projector and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Step-by-step: Installing Epson ELPLP22 projector lamp
1. Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
2. Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson PowerLite 900 projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
NOTE: Do not operate the projector while the projector lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Slide the Epson PowerLite 900 projector lamp cover off and place it to one side.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP22 in place.
Lift up the wire handle on the new lamp and slowly insert the Epson ELPLP22 projector lamp until it clicks into place. Be sure not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your skin will case blackouts.
Tighten the screws on the newly installed Epson ELPLP22 projector lamp. Replace the lid on the Epson PowerLite 900 projector.
Resetting the lamp timer
The projector lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing the Epson ELPLP22 This timer helps the Epson PowerLite 900 proiector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson PowerLite 900 lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP22 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET. Press ENTER.
- Click on RESET ALL.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP22 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP22 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 900 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.