Follow our guide to install at new Epson V11H146020 projector lamp.
Be sure to invest in an authentic Epson V11H146020 projector lamp before you proceed.
How long will the current lamp last?
Press the MENU button and highlight INFO menu to see the lamp usage hours. When the Brightness Contol is set to High, the Epson V11H146020 projector lamp will last up to 2000 hours. Lower the Brightness Control to low and the Epson V11H146020 projector lamp will last up to 3000 hours.
Replacement warnings signs
When it’s time to install a new Epson V11H146020 projector lamp you’ll notice that the image may become dark or the colours will start to deteriorate. The lamp light on the Epson V11H146020 projector will start flashing orange and a message “Replace the lamp” will start flashing on screen. NOTE: If the Lamp light turns red the Epson V11H146020 projector lamp is burnt out and should be replaced immediately.
Buy the right lamp
It’s critical to install a genuine Epson V11H146020 projector lamp rather than a compatible generic lamps. Generic lamps look appealing because of their low cost but this should be your first indication that the lamp you are about to purchase is counterfeit. These lamps present a lot of problems and are simply not worth buying in the long run. Look for the seal of approval before purchasing your Epson ELPLP31.
Reasons to avoid generic lamps
- generics have shorter lamp life and will not last the full 3000 hours
- knock off lamps have been created with carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- generic lamps are prone to explosions
- copycat lamps can damage the sensitive electronics in your Epson V11H146020 projector
- no guarantee or refunds offered with generic lamps
- your Epson V11H146020 warranty will become void
Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Install the Epson ELPLP31
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Unplug the power cord on the Epson V11H146020.
- Allow the Epson V11H146020 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These projectors run a high temperatures so you can burn yourself very badly if the projector has not cooled enough before being opened up.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson V11H146020 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
- Slide the Epson V11H146020 projector lamp cover off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP31 lamp in place.
- Grab the Epson ELPLP31 by the side indents and gently pull the lamp out.
- Take care not to bang the bulb as this may cause it to shatter.
- Learn what to do should when the lamp breaks inside the projector.
- Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP31 lamp into the Epson V11H146020 projector.
- Tighten the screws on the Epson ELPLP31 lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson ELPLP31 projector lamp cover.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reseting the Epson V11H146020 Lamp Timer
The Epson V11H146020 has a lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Epson ELPLP31 before it reaches end of life. Every time you install a new Epson ELPLP31 lamp you must reset the lamp timer to zero. Don’t use the Epson ELPLP31 lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damages the Epson V11H146020 projector.
- Press the MENU button on either the remote control or on the projector’s control panel.
- Scroll down to the RESET option.
- Press Enter
- Select LAMP-HOURS RESET.
- Press ENTER to open the prompt screen
- Press Yes.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Press MENU to return to the screen.
Make the Epson ELPLP31 last longer
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP31 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson V11H146020 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life