How to replace the Epson EMP-1715c projector lamp
Replace the Epson EMP-1715cin 3 easy steps. Follow our helpful guide.
Know when to replace the Epson EMP-1715c projector lamp and where to find the best lamp.
STEP 1: End of life warnings
When the Epson ELPLP38 is approaching end of life you’ll start to see the lamp flashing orange and a “Replace the lamp” message will appear on screen. You may also notice that the image is gradually dimming or starting to deteriorate. Colors that appear darker than normal are also an indication of end of life for the Epson ELPLP38. Re the Epson ELPLP38 lamp immediately so you don’t run the risk of having the lamp explode in the Epson PowerLite 1715c projector.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp from 2000 hours to 3000 hours by lowering the Brightness Control to low!
STEP 2: Buy authentic
There are plenty of companies selling the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp over the Internet. However, you shouldn’t go with the cheapest lamp since these are not the best Epson ELPLP38 for your Epson PowerLite 1715c. Start off by looking for the seal of approval that authorized dealers display. They have access to the original OEM lamps that are the best product for your Epson PowerLite 1715c projector.
Lamps advertised as “generic, compatible” have inferior workmanship which translates to an inferior product — one that doesn’t last the full 3000 hours. These lamps can’t be calibrated properly and they they can seriously damage the optics in your Epson PowerLite 1715c as well as posing a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
Keep the warranty valid on Epson PowerLite 1715c, stay safe and buy authentic? Learn how to avoid generics posing as authentic lamps.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- EPSON ELPLP38 replacement lamp for powerlite 1700c 1705c 1710c 1715c – NEW – Retail – V13H010L38
- EPSON EMP-1705 Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP38 / V13H010L38
STEP 3: Replacing the Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn power button off and after the Epson PowerLite 1715c has beeped twice unplug the power cord.
- The Epson PowerLite 1715c should be cool to the touch.
- DO NOT attempt to change the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp if the projector is still hot. You get badly burned if you don’t wait for the projector to cool.
IMPORTANT: Do not operate the projector when the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the screw on the Epson PowerLite 1715c projector cover using the screwdriver provided
- Slide the lamp cover to the side and lift it off the Epson PowerLite 1715c projector.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp in place. These screws don’t come out all the way.
- Grab the two tabs on either side of the the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp and slowly pull out the lamp out of the Epson PowerLite 1715c projector.
- Don’t use excessive force or the lamp could break.
- What to do if lamp breaks inside the projector.
- NOTE: The Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp should not be thrown into the regular garden and needs to be properly recycled.
- Avoid touching the actual lamp since your fingerprints will cause black out spots to appear when the projector starts working.
- Push down the corner marked PUSH until the lamp snaps in.
- Once the Epson ELPLP38 lamp is fully inserted, tighten the screws.
- Slide out the air filters found at the bottom of the projector. Remove the current filter.
- Slide in the new air filter until it clicks into place.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson PowerLite 1715c Lamp Timer
It’s important to reset the PowerLite 1715c has a lamp timer each time a new lamp is installed so the projector can accurately track the Epson ELPLP38 lamp. Never use the Epson ELPLP38 lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damage the Epson 1715cprojector beyond repair.
- Press MENU.
- Scroll down to RESET. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A second prompt screen will appear. Select YES at the prompt screen. Press ENTER.
- Press ESC or MENU to exit.
Extending the life of your Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Follow this simple tips to make your Epson ELPLP38 lamp last even longer:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 1715c projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life