How to change the Epson EMP-1707 projector lamp
Is your projector image dim or the colours deteoriating? It may be time to replace the Epson EMP-1707 projector lamp. This guide will give you step-by-step instructions for quick and easy replacement.
Buy the right lamp
What’s the difference between an authentic pson EMP-1707 projector lamp and a generic lamp? Quality, price and reliability! Buy an authentic lamp from a recognized dealer who proudly displays the seal of approval.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps
- they can’t last the full 3000 hours
- inferior workmanship can damage the optics in the Epson EMP-1707
- improperly calibrated so
- present a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty on the Epson EMP 1707.
- offer no guarantee, technical or customer service even after the lamp has been purchased.
Read about how generics pose as authentic lamps.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- EPSON ELPLP38 replacement lamp for powerlite 1700c 1705c 1710c 1715c – NEW – Retail – V13H010L38
- EPSON EMP-1705 Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP38 / V13H010L38
Replacing the Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn power button off and after the Epson EMP-1707 has beeped twice unplug the power cord.
- The Epson EMP-1707 should be cool to the touch. DO NOT attempt to change the Epson ELPLP38 if the projector is still hot. You can be badly burned if you don’t wait for the projector to cool.
IMPORTANT: Do not operate the projectors the lamps is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Loosen the screws on the Epson EMP-1707 projector using the screwdriver provided.
Slide the cover towards you until it’s off the runners. Lift and remove the cover on the Epson EMP-1707 projector.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP38 lamp in place
Grab the side indents and gently lift the Epson ELPLP38 lamp out of the Epson EMP-1707 projector. Don’t use excessive force or the lamp could break. Read about what to do if lamp breaks inside the projector.
Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP38 lamp into the Epson EMP-1707 projector. Avoid touching the actual lamp since your fingerprints will cause black out spots to appear when the projector starts working.
Tighten the screws on the Epson ELPLP38 lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the Epson EMP-1707 projector lamp cover and tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-1707 Lamp Timer
It’s important to reset the Epson EMP-1707 has a lamp timer each time a new lamp is installed so the projector can accurately track the Epson ELPLP38. Never use the Epson ELPLP38 lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damage the Epson EMP-1707 projector beyond repair.
- Press the MENU button on either the remote control or on the projector’s control panel.
- Scroll down to the RESET option. Press Enter to bring up the reset screen.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP HOURS.
- A second prompt screen will appear asking for confirmation. Scroll over to the YES option. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Extending the life of your Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Follow this simple tips to make your Epson ELPLP38 lamp last even longer:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-1707 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life