Replace the Epson PowerLite 1505 projector lamp
Warning message on screen? Image that is gradually becoming dimmer? You need to replace the Epson PowerLite 1505 projector lamp.
Follow this easy step-by-step guide for a do-it-yourself lamp replacement that is easy and hassle free.
Go with authentic lamps
While generic lamps are tempting because of their bargain prices, there are six good reasons you should avoid them:
- inferior workmanship which translates to an inferior product,
- they can’t last the full 3000 hours.
- can’t be calibrated properly so can seriously damage the optics in your Epson PowerLite 1505.
- present a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty on the Epson PowerLite 1505.
- offer no guarantee, technical or customer service even after the lamp has been purchased.
You can expect between 2000 t0 3000 hours before the Epson ELPLP38 needs to be replaced. The lamp is used up much faster with the Brightness Control is set to High. A low Brightness Control will give you the full 3000 hours.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- EPSON ELPLP38 replacement lamp for powerlite 1700c 1705c 1710c 1715c – NEW – Retail – V13H010L38
- EPSON EMP-1705 Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP38 / V13H010L38
Replacing the Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Before installation follow these important safety tips:
- Turn power button off and after the Epson PowerLite 1505 has beeped twice unplug the power cord.
- The Epson PowerLite 1505 should be cool to the touch.
- DO NOT attempt to change the Epson ELPLP38 if the projector is still hot. You get badly burned if you don’t wait for the projector to cool.
IMPORTANT: Do not operate the projector when the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the screw on the Epson PowerLite 1505 projector cover using the screwdriver provided.
- Slide the lamp cover to the side and lift it off the Epson PowerLite 1505 projector.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP38 lamp in place. Theses screws don’t come out all the way.
- Grab the two tabs on either side of the the Epson ELPLP38 lamp and slowly pull out the lamp out of the Epson PowerLite 1505 projector.
- Don’t use excessive force or the lamp could break.
- Read this article about what to do if lamp breaks inside the projector.
- NOTE: The Epson ELPLP38 should not be thrown into the regular garden and needs to be properly recycled.
- Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP38 lamp into the Epson PowerLite 1505 projector.
- Avoid touching the actual lamp since your fingerprints will cause black out spots to appear when the projector starts working.
- Tighten the screws on the Epson ELPLP38 lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp cover.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Lamp Timer
It’s important to reset the PowerLite 1505 has a lamp timer each time a new lamp is installed so the projector can accurately track the Epson ELPLP38 lamp. Never use the Epson ELPLP38 lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damage the Epson 1505 projector beyond repair.
- Press MENU.
- Scroll down to RESET. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A second prompt screen will appear. Select YES at the prompt screen. Press ENTER.
- Press ESC or MENU to exit.
Extending the life of your Epson ELPLP38 lamp
Follow this simple tips to make your Epson ELPLP38 lamp last even longer:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 1505 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life