Ask Proxima projector maintenance tips
Treat your Ask Proxima projector properly and it will last much longer.
Here are some tips to keep your Ask Proxima projector working at optimal levels.
- Make sure you have the right environment for your projector. High humidity, dust or heat can cause your projector to malfunction.
- Adjust your projector in high altitude. Consult your user manual to learn what to adjust.
- Let your Ask Proxima projector warm up for at least five minutes before use.
- Set the lamp mode to econo or normal mode to extend the lamp life.
- Regular cleaning of the air filter, case and lens is recommended. Never use harsh solvent on your Ask Proxima case or on the filter as this can damage the case.
- Don’t clean the filter when the projector is running. Never blow hot or compressed air into the projector.
- Other than opening the lamp cover to replace the lamp, do not open or disassemble the projector. This may cause electric shock.
- Give your projector at least one hour of downtime per day to prevent overheating. Power off using the on/off button or with the remote. Never cut the electricity while the projector is running.
- When connecting the projector to computer, please turn on the projector first.
- Projector should be turned to Standby when it is out of use for a period of time greater than 30 minutes.
- Once you power down your projector, wait at least 10 minutes before you power it back up to avoid damaging the lamp.
- Please be sure to change the lamp when it shows warning messages.
- When changing the lamp, allow your Ask Proxima projector to cool down. These projectors operate at extremely high heat that can cause severe burns.
- After changing a new lamp, please reset the lamp life timer. Consult your manual for more information.