3 Steps to a new Optoma EP716P projector lamp
Don’t call the technician! Use our step-by-step guide to install a new Optoma EP716P projector lamp.
Step 1: Get the right lamp!
Your Optoma EP716P uses the Optoma BL-FU180A lamp. Only OEM lamps can keep your Optoma EP716P projector working at optimal best. Watch for the warning signs that the Optoma EP716P projector lamp needs to be replaced.
Why avoid generic lamps?
Look for the seal of approval to be sure you’re getting an authentic lamp. Generic appear to be a great deal with their great price tag. But they are actually going to cost you more in the long run. These generics are created with toxic materials and often don’t have the proper safeguards to protect your eyesight. They are also prone to explosions, don’t last as long as authentic and can damage the sensitive optics in your Optoma EP716P projector. Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Optoma BL-FU180A Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
- Optoma BL-FU180A, UHP, 180W Projector Lamp (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Optoma Replacement Lamp (BL-FU180A) –
Step 2: Know when to replace
Watch for these telltale signs that the Optoma BL-FU180A is reaching end of life:
- faded image
- colours are off or not as vivid
- blinking LED lights on the Optoma EP761P projector
- the following warning sign on your screen:
Step 3: Installing a new Optoma BL-FU180A
Follow these important safety steps before installing a new Optoma BL-FU180A:
- Switch off the power to the Optoma EP716P projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Step 1: Place something soft underneath the Optoma EP716P and then turn the projector onto it’s back. Remove the two screws holding the cover in place.
Step 2: Push the cover up to remove it.
Step 3: Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the Optoma BL-FU180A lamp module in place.
Slowly put out the old lamp by grabbing the edge of the lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
Step 4: Place the new Optoma BL-FU180A into the Optoma EP716P projector. Tighten the two screws on the lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma EP716P
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Setting. Press enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter
- The Execute/Cancel command line will appear.
- Scroll over to choose Execute. Press Enter. The lamp hours is reset to zero.
Make the Optoma BL-FU180A last longer with these tips:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma EP716P projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life