Install a new NEC NP M361X projector lamp
Your NEC NP-M361X projector uses the NEC NP16LP lamp. New air filters are shipped with the lamp and it’s recommended you replace them at the same time. Be sure to invest in a new NEC NP M361X projector lamp.
Step 1: Buy the right NEC NP M361X projector lamp
Buying a cheaper priced generic “compatible” lamp may be tempting. However, you get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s usually a long list of problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authentic NEC NP16LP lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- NEC LCD Projector Lamp NP16LP
- Nec Display Np16lp Replacement Lamp – 230 W Projector Lamp – Ac – 4000 Hour N…
- eWorldlamp High Quality NP16LP / 60003120 Original Bulb/Lamp for NEC Projector
NP16LP Complete Replacement Lamp Module
Step 2: End of life signals
When the lamp has reached end of life, the LAMP indicator will begin to blink red.
When the lamp has reached its end of life, the LAMP INDICATOR will blink red and the message LAMP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USABLE LIFE. PLEASE REPLACE THE LAMP AND FILTER.
The message about replacing the lamp is displayed for one minute when the projector is turned on and when the POWER button or remote control is pressed. Remove the message by pressing any button on the projector or remote control.
The progress indicator shows the percentage of remaining bulb life. When the lamp usage reaches 0, the Lamp Life REMAINING starts a count down from 100 hours. When the count down reaches 0, the projector will turn off and not turn on.
Step 3: Changing the NEC NP16LP lamp
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new lamp
- turn off the NEC NP M361X projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Push and slide the lamp cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the NEC NP16LP lamp in place. (The screws will not come out only loosen.)
Remove the lamp by holding the indent and pulling up.
Install a new lamp housing into the NP M361X projector, gently pressing the lamp housing into the socket. Take care not to touch the actual bulb as your finger prints can leave oil marks that burn black marks onto the bulb.
Push the top center on the lamp to secure it. Tighten the screw on the lamp.
Reattach the NEC NP M361X lamp cover by sliding the cover until it snaps into place. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
Replacing the filters
There are four filters in the NEC NP M361X projector:
- Honeycomb hard filter – large and small
- Accordion soft filter — large and small
Replace all four filters at the same time. Before replacing the filters wipe off any dust and dirt that came loose from the old filters. NOTE: The filters are made with two different types of material in the membrane. Both perform the same.
The filter cover is fixed at six separate points in the projector. Bow the filter cover by pushing it slightly until it releases.
- Filter unit: Attach two honeycomb hard filters to the NEC NP-M311W filter unit.
- Filter cover: Attach the two accordion soft filters to the filter cover. Be sure to align the accordion slits with the protrusions of the filter cover.
Make sure all the six mounting points are aligned properly.
Insert the two catches of the top of the filter into the groove of the cabinet.
Push the filter until it clicks into place.
Reset the lamp timer
Once the NEC NP16LP lamp lamp and NEC NP M361X filter have both been replaced you will need to reset the timer for both. You want the projector to be able to accurately track the lamp life.
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Reset the filter hours:
- Scroll up to CLEAR Filter HOURS.
- A second submenu will appear.
- Select YES. Press the ENTER button.
Extending the life of the NEC NP16LP lamp
Get your newly installed NEC NP16LP lamp will last longer by choosing the ECO option. The ECO MODE increases lamp life by lowering the power consumptions. There are three modes to choose from:
- Auto Mode: 4000 hours
- Normal: 5000 hours
- Eco ModeL 8000 hours