Replace the Epson EMP-6010 projector lamp
Follow our 3-step guide to replace the Epson EMP-6010 projector lamp.
Watch for the signs that the Epson EMP-6010 projector lamp needs to be replaced. Look for these signs:
- Dark image
- Image that has deteriorated
- On warning message appears on screen
- Lamp light flashes red and stays lit
- Lamp light turns red and stays on
- Check Lamp Usage
Buy authentic Epson EMP-6010 projector lamp
Protect your investment and buy the best possible lamp for your Epson EMP-6010. Bargain lamps advertised as “generic compatible” lamps actually end up costing more in the long run due to their shorter lamp life. They are also prone to explosions and have been manufactured with toxic materials. Installing one can also damage the sensitive components in your projector. Save yourself unnecessary headaches. Buy authentic.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- Epson ELP-LP45 Projector Assembly with High Quality Compatible Bulb Inside
- Epson Projector Lamp Part ELPLP45 ELPLP37 Model Epson EMP 6000 EMP 6010 EMP 6100
- Epson ELPLP45 Repla.Lampe, V13H010L45
Install the Epson ELPLP45
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Turn off power swtich on the back of the Epson EMP-6010 projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the Epson EMP-6010 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Step 2: Remove the lamp. Put the cover to one side.
Step 3: Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP45 lamp in place.
Step 4: Gently remove the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Step 5: Gently insert the Epson ELPLP45 lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
Caution: Don’t touch the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP45 lamp.
Step 6: Repeat Steps 1 and 2. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson EMP-6010 lamp cover. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer on the Epson EMP-6010
Reset the Epson EMP-6010 Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP45 lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES and press ENTER. Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP45 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP45 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-6010 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life