No need to call the service technician to replace the Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp. Follow our guide.
Always look for the seal of approval when purchasing your Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp. Don’t fall for the allure of cheaper prices since these lamps are counterfeit with many problems. You can end up damaging your Hitachi CP-X267 beyond repair.
Watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit projector lamp:
- low price that seems too good to be true.
- labelling that looks amateurish
- Mismatched elements, glue on the edges.
- Bulb that is scratched inside its cage
Spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Your Hitachi CP-X267 projector uses the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp and when it reaches end of life, there will be several tell tale signs:
- Hitachi CP-X265 Lamp Indicator light will start flashing red.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor colour quality.
- You may notice the Hitachi DT00751 starts to go dark after being used for long period of time.
Remember that your Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp has a finite life and trying to force it beyond its normal lamp life can damage your Hitachi CP-X267.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Installing the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp
Before installing a new lamp be sure to turn off the Hitachi CP-X267 and let the projector cool down for at least one hour. This projector operates using high temperatures and there is a risk of you burning yourself if the projector has not cooled.
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button.
- Unplug any power cords.
- Loosen the Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp cover screw
- Slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the screws on the projector lamp. Gently lift up the wire handle and pull out the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp.
- NOTE: The Hitachi DT00751 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
- Take the new DT00751 projector lamp out of its packaging.
- Pick up the Hitachi DT00751 projectorlamp by the handle and gently insert the lamp into the projector making sure not to bang the lamp.
- Avoid touching the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave marks on the bulb that will burn into black spots.
- Slide the Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the lamp cover a screw.
- Turn the projector on and reset the projector lamp timer.
Resetting the Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp timer
Reset the lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp so the Hitachi CP-X267 projector can properly track the lamp life. Otherwise you run the risk of using the projector lamp beyond its lamp life.
- Press the MENU button
- When the EASY MENU has appeared press Enter to choose
- Scroll down to the GO TO ADVANCED MENU option.
- Scroll down to OPTION menu.
- Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME.
- A dialog field will appear.
- Choose RESET on the dialog field.
- Press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to 0.
- Press the MENU button to exit.