Change the Boxlight SP-50m projector lamp
Replacing your Boxlight SP-50m projector lamp is fast and easy when you follow our step-by-step guide.
When the Boxlight SP-50m projector lamp is reaching end of life, the alarm light on the Boxlight SP-50m projector flash red. Other indications that the lamp is reaching end of life include a picture that looks dim on screen or one with faded colours. Be sure to check the lamp life using the SERVICE menu found on the SETUP MENU. NOTE: Don’t use the lamp in the projector past it’s due date or it may overheat, stop working or explode causing the projector to shut down.
Buy authentic projector lamps
Be sure to buy authentic projector lamps rather than the cheaper knock off lamps being sold on popular e-commerce sites. Although generic lamps seem like a bargain, these knock off lamps actually end up costing you money. You get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s some serious problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authentic Boxlight XP60M-930 projector lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Lutema XP60M-930-L02 Boxlight XP60M-930 LCD/DLP Projector Lamp, Premium
- SpArc Bronze for Boxlight XP60M-930 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for Boxlight XP60M-930 With Housing (Powered by Philips)
Replacing the Boxlight XP60M-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the Boxlight XP60M-930 projector lamp follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Boxlight SP-50m projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Boxlight SP-50m projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
Step 2: Carefully pull out and remove lamp housing. Be careful not to bang the bulb or it can shatter. Learn what to do if the bulb has broken.
Step 3: Insert the new Boxlight XP60M-930. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands.
Step 4: Tighten the screw on the outside of the module.
NOTE: Be sure to recycle this projector lamp properly. The Boxlight XP60M-930 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
Once the Boxlight XP60M-930 projector lamp has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Boxlight SP-50m projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining.
To reset the projector lamp hours:
- Plug in the power cord and press the Power switch to turn the projector back on.
- Go to SETUP MENU.
- Scroll down to the Reset lamp timer.
- Press Enter.
- This will reset the projector lamp hours to zero.
- Verify that the counter was reset by pressing MENU/SELECT and viewing the counter in the STATUS menu.
Interested in a green alternative?
This projector has the option of only replacing the actual bulb and re-using the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our video to learn more.
Learn how to extend the life of the Boxlight SP-50m projector lamp.