Change the Sharp XG-P10XU projector lamp
Know the warning signs
The Sharp XG-P10XU projector lamp operates for approximately 1,000 hours, depending on the usage and maintenance. You should replace the projector lamp when it’s been used for 900 hours. If you notice a significant deterioration of the picture and color quality, you can replace it the projector lamp immediately. You can see the hours remaining for lamp usage by checking the On-screen Display option found on the Main Menu.
When the Sharp BQC-XGP10XU projector lamp has been used for 900 hours: The projector LAMP REPLACEMENT indicator lights up red, and the LAMP icon flashes yellow in the lower-left corner of the picture.
When the Sharp BQC-XGP10XU projector lamp has been used more than 900 hours: The LAMP icon will flash red in the lower-left corner of the picture, and the projector will turn off.
Buying the right projector lamp
The Internet has been flooded with generic projector lamps stating they are “compatible” with Sharp XG-P10XU projector. However, these projector lamps don’t offer much savings and come with many problems that can affect the life of your projector.
Consider the source before purchasing.
Six reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Installing the Sharp BQC-XGP10XU projector lamp
Before replacing the Sharp BQC-XGP10XU projector lamp follow these important safety tips:
- Switch off the power to the Sharp XG-P10XU projector by pressing the Power button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least one hour. If should be cool to the touch. The Sharp XG-P10XU projector uses high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Turn over the Sharp XG-P10XU projector onto a soft service and loosen the user service screw that holds the projector lamp cover on place. Slide the cover off away from the projector and place it to one side.
Take the new Sharp BQC-XGP10XU projector lamp and press it firmly into the lamp cage compartment. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers left on the lamp will burn black holes onto the lamp that appear on screen.
Note: The used Sharp BQC-XGP10XU projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
Reset the lamp timer and clean the air filters.
To reset the Sharp XG-P10XU projector lamp timer:
“LAMP 0000H” is displayed, indicating that the lamp timer is reset.
To clean the Sharp XG-P10XU air filter
Press the air filter tab and lift open the filter cover away from the projector.
Grasp the air filter between your fingers and lift it off the filter cover.
Vacuum the dust off the air filter – DO NOT WASH.
Put the air filter back on the filter frame.
Insert the tab on the end of the filter cover into the filter cover opening and press the filter cover into position.
Extend the life of the Sharp BQC-XGP10XU projector lamp:
- Chose the “STD” mode to to dim the projector lamp and lower power consumption. This will extend the lamp life by up to 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Sharp XG-P10XU projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Go for a green alternative!
If you are looking for an even more eco-friendly option for your Sharp XG-P10XU projector why no consider replacing only the projector bulb and not the entire projector lamp? You recycle the lamp cage and reduce waste. Our step-by-step video shows you how.