If you are having trouble with your projector image on 1080p projector, try a few of these suggestions before contacting a service technician.
Problem: No projector image on screen
- Check all the cables and power connections to make sure they are correctly and securely connected.
- Check the connector pins are not crooked or broken.
- Check your projector lamp. If you recently installed a new projector lamp you may have loose connections.
- Have you removed the lens cap?
- Is the projector is switched on?
- Check that the projector’s hide feature is turned off.
- Trying using the resync or digital reset button.
- Correct the keystone effect on you screen. Learn more about keystone and distorted images.
- If connected to a PC: Verify your resolution is less than or equal to 800 x 600. Follow the steps outlined below to reset the resolution.
- If you are using a Notebook PC: Switch the PC display to “external display only” or “CRT only” mode.
- If you are having difficulty in changing resolutions or your monitor freezes, restart both the projector and computer.
- Check that your aspect ratio is correct for the projector and screen being used.
- Use the Focus Ring on the projector lens to change the projector image.
- Make sure the projection screen is between the required distances from the projector. Learn more about the importance of correct aspect ratio.
Problem: Outstretched DVD image
- Many projectors automatically set DVDs to play using a 4:3 full screen default setting.
- If the image is still outstretched, you will also need to adjust the aspect ratio by referring to the following:
- Select 4:3 aspect ratio type on your DVD player, especially if you are playing a 16:9 DVD.
- If your DVD player doesn’t allow you to select aspect ratio, 4:3 aspect ratio from the projector’s screen menu.
- Use the tracking option to stabilize the image.
- Reset the color setting on your computer’s monitor.
Problem: Reversed projector image
- Use the projector’s On Screen Display (OSD) to change the projection direction.
Read more about projector images:
- Correcting distorted 1080p projector images
- The importance of aspect ratio for your projector screen
- Buying a classroom projector
- Connect your projector to a MAC computer
- Connecting the Samsung Chrome to a projector
- Connect your iPad to your projector
- 1080p projector screens and the gain factor
- Connect your laptop to your DLP projector