Installing a Epson PowerLite 1775W projector lamp
When it’s time to install a replacement the Epson PowerLite 1775W projector lamp, follow this guide.
When to replace
When the Epson PowerLite 1775W projector lamp indicator starts flashing orange and the Replace the lamp message appears on screens, you’ll know it’s time for a new lamp. Other signs include a dark screen or colors that appear washed out or an image that is deteriorating on screen.
Your Epson PowerLite 1775W uses the Epson ELPLP65 projector lamp. Be sure to invest in an authentic lamp that’s been properly manufactured according to the projectors specifications. Counterfeits may appear to be a bargain but will damage the damage the sensitive optics in your projector. (Scroll down to learn more about the hazards of counterfeits.)
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELPLP65 Replacement Lamp – 205 W Projector Lamp – UHE – 4000 Hour Normal V13H010L65
- Epson ELP-LP65 Projector Lamp Replacement with High Quality bulb inside
- Epson ELPLP65, V13H010L65 original lamp by Osram
Installing the new projector lamp
Before replacing the new Epson ELPLP65 projector lamp follow these important safety rules:
- Always unplug the power cord on the Epson PowerLite 1775W projector before replacing the projector lamp.
- This projector operates using high temperature. Wait at least 60 minutes before replacing the lamp so you don’t run the risk of getting burned.
- Never touch the bare projector lamp bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks onto the projector lamp when it heats up.
- Never operate the Epson PowerLite 1775W projector with the projector lamp removed.
How to install
- Loosen the projector lamp cover screw and place to one side.
- Remove the lamp cover.
- Life the metal bar securing the Epson ELPLP65 projector lamp in place.
- Lift up the project lamp handle and lift the lamp out.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP65 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp!
Gently insert the new ELPLP65 projector lamp.
Place the lamp cover back onto the projector. Tighten the lamp cover screw. You can now reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
After you replace the lamp, you need to reset the Epson PowerLite 1775W projector lamp you need to reset the timer. This will allow the projector to track the lamp life. To reset the lamp timer:
- Press the MENU button on the remote control or on the projector’s control panel. You see the main menu.
- Select the RESET menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt filed appears asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Select YES. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP65 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Set the Power Consumption to ECO option.
- Clean the air filters regularly so the PowerLite 1775W projector doesn’t overheat and put added pressure on the lamp.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector.
- Turn off the PowerLite 1775W projector when not in use to conserve lamp life.
- Learn more: Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.