How to replace the NEC NP500WS projector lamp
Start off with authentic lamps
Keep your NEC NP500WS working at it’s best by using an authentic projector lamp. Despite their bargain prices, counterfeits often end up damaging the sensitive electronics as well as hurting your eyesight due to their lack of proper safety guards. Despite their lower prices, counterfeits actually end up costing more since they must be replaced more often due to their shorter life since they prone to explosions. Save yourself the hassles and buy an authentic NEC NP07LP projector lamp for your NEC NP500WS projector.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for NEC NP07LP With Housing (Powered by Ushio)
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Lamp for NEC NP07LP with Housing
- NEC NP07LP Replacement Lamp. REPLACEMENT LAMP F/ NP300 NP400 NP500 NP600 NP500W NP610 NP610S PJ-LMP. 210W – 3000 Hour Normal, 4000 Hour ECO
End of life warnings
When the NEC NP500WS projector lamp is reaching end of life you’ll see the LAMP indicator blinking red and ascreen message appears: LAMP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USABLE LIFE. PLEASE REPLACE THE LAMP AND FILTER.
Other signs include a faint picture or screen colours that look strange.
If you’re wondering how much time is left to with the NEC NP500WS projector lamp consul the Usage Time menu to see how many hours remain:
- Go to INFO menu
- Scroll down to LAMP LIFE REMAINING and LAMP HOURS USED.
- The progress indicator shows the percentage of remaining bulb life:
- When the lamp usage reaches 0, the Lamp Life REMAINING starts a count down from 100 hours
- When the count down reaches 0, the projector will turn off and not turn on.
Changing the NEC NP07LP projector lamp
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new NEC NP07LP projector lamp
- turn off the NEC NP500WS projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Push and slide the projector cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the NEC NP07LP projector lamp in place. (The screws will not come out only loosen.) Remove the projector lamp by holding the indent and pulling up.
Install a new lamp housing into the NEC NP500WS projector, gently pressing the projector lamp housing into the socket. Take care not to touch the actual bulb as your finger prints can leave oil marks that burn black marks onto the bulb.
Push the top center on the projector lamp to secure it. Tighten the screw on the projector lamp.
Re-attach the NEC NP500WS lamp cover by sliding the cover until it snaps into place. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
Reset the lamp timer
Once the NEC NP07LP projector lamp and NEC NP500WS projector filter have both been replaced you will need to reset the timer for both. You want the projector to be able to accurately track the projector lamp life.
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Extending the projector lamp
Get your newly installed NEC NP07LP projector lamp will last longer by choosing the ECO option. The ECO MODE increases projector lamp life by lowering the power consumption. There are three modes to choose from:
- Auto Mode: 4000 hours
- Normal: 5000 hours
- Eco ModeL 8000 hours