This step-by-step guide shows how to replace the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector lamp.
Go with authentic
An authentic Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector lamp will keep your projector working at its best. Counterfeits simply can’t offer the same performance or value due to their many problems that include:
- shorter lamp life
- prone to explosions
- damage your eyesight
- exposure to toxic materials and carcinogenic materials
- damage to sensitive electronics in your projector
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
End of life warnings
It’s time to replace the PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector lamp when the following signs are seen:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen
The projector’s lamp light starts flashing orange and the power light starts flashing blue
Installing the new Projector Lamp
The PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 uses the Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp.
- Turn off power switch on PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector.
- Unplug the electrical cord.
- Allow the PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector to cool down. It should be cool to the touch before you open it to change the projector lamp. Otherwise you run the risk of burning yourself.
- Do not operate the projectors while the lamps have been removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- The lamp cover is found on top of the PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
- Slide the projector lamp cover off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle on the projector lamp, gently pull the lamp out. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector. NOTE: The Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp contains mercury and should be recycled properly.
- Gently insert the replacement Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way. If it doesn’t slide in easily it’s in backwards.
- Be sure not to touch the actual glass bulb as the oil from your fingers will leave a black mark on the screen.
- Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the projector lamp cover. You are now ready to reset the projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP85 projector lamp has been replaced. Otherwise the projector may run past the recommended lamp life and suffer an explosion.
- Turn on the projector
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET MENU. Press ENTER.
- Select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- Select YES to the prompt asking if you want to reset the lamp hours. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the PowerLite Home Cinema 3000 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life