Follow this guide for easy replacement of the Smartboard 685ix projector lamp.
When the projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate then it’s time to replace the Smartboard 685ix projector lamp.
Go with authentic
An authentic projector lamp makes all the difference in keeping your Smartboard 685ix projector working. If the price is too good to true, then you should avoid the lamp. Bargain basement prices mean problems down the road. Scroll down to see more reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps.
Changing the Smartboard projector lamp
Your Smartboard 685ix projector uses the SmartBoard 20-01175-20 projector lamp.
Important Safety tips BEFORE replacing the projector lamp:
- Close the projector lens door to prevent scratching or touching of the lens.
- Press the power button twice on the ECP (extended control panel) or on the remote to put the system in Standby mode.
- Turn off the power switch and disconnect the power cord and all connected cables.
- This projector operates under high temperature and there is a burn risk so be sure to wait at least one hour minutes for the projector’s housing to completely cool.
Loosen the two screws holding the SmartBoard 20-01175-20 projector lamp in place.
Pull up the handle on the bottom of the lamp and gently pull it out of the projector. NOTE: The SmartBoard 20-01175-20 projector lamp contains mercury and should properly recycled and NEVER thrown into regular garbage.
Remove all packaging from the new SmartBoard 20-01175-20 projector lamp. Press the tab, put the new lamp into the lamp slot, and push it all the way down. Release the tab.
Tighten the two lamp screws on the SmartBoard 20-01175-20 projector lamp. Slide the lamp cover back into its original position and tighten the screws. You are ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
Your Smartboard 685ix projector has a built in lamp timer that tracks the life of the SmartBoard 20-01175-20 projector lamp. Whenever you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer back to zero.
Using the remote control, press the following buttons quickly to access the service menu: Down, Up, Up, Left, Up.
Scroll down to the Lamp Hour Reset field and press OK. Both Standard and Economy setting will be reset to zero.
Press the Menu button on the remote control to make the SMART UF65 Setting menu appear.
Select the Lamp Hours to confirm that it’s been reset to zero.
- Wait five minutes for the projector lamp to warm up.
6 reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- shorter lamp life
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- no guarantee or refunds offered.