We have you covered when it’s time to change the NEC M403W projector lamp.
When it’s time to replace your NEC M403W projector lamp you’ll see the following warning signs:
- message on screen reads LAMP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USABLE LIFE. PLEASE REPLACE THE LAMP AND FILTER.
- the LAMP indicator begins to blink red
- color looks off or has deteriorated
Track the life of the NEC M403W projector lamp from the Usage Time menu.
- Go to INFO menu
- Scroll down to USAGE TIME to display the LAMP LIFE REMAINING and LAMP HOURS USED.
- The progress indicator shows the percentage of remaining bulb life:
- When the lamp usage reaches 0, the Lamp Life REMAINING starts a count down from 100 hours
- When the count down reaches 0, the projector will turn off and not turn on.
Changing the NEC M403W projector lamp
- turn off the NEC M403W projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Loosen the NEC M403W lamp cover screw.
Slide the projector cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the NEC NP30LP projector lamp in place.
Remove the projector lamp by holding the indent and pulling up.
NOTE: Your NEC NP30LP projector lamp should be properly recycled and not placed into regular garbage.
Install a new lamp housing into the NEC M403W projector, gently pressing the projector lamp housing into the socket. . Tighten the screw on the projector lam
Re-attach the NEC M403W lamp cover by sliding the cover until it snaps into place. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
Reset the NEC M403W lamp timer
Once the NEC NP30LP projector lamp has been replaced you will need to reset the lamp timer.
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
- Learn more tips to extend the life of the NEC M403W lamp,