Learn how to replace the Smartboard SB680i3 projector lamp
After 2,000 hours of operation in standard mode or 3,000 hours in Eco mode, the Smartboard SB680i3 projector lamp will need to be replaced. If the projector turns off and goes into Standby mode then it’s time to replace the Smartboard SB680i3 projector lamp. Another sign that the lamp has reached end of life is when the image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
Go with authentic
An authentic projector lamp makes all the difference in keeping your Smartboard SB680i3 projector working. If the price is too good to true, then you should avoid the lamp. Bargain basement prices mean problems down the road.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- no guarantee or refunds offered.
Changing the Smartboard projector lamp
Your Smartboard SB680i3 projector uses the SmartBoard 20-01032-20 projector lamp.
Important Safety tips BEFORE replacing the projector lamp:
Wear protective eyewear while changing the lamp.
- Turn off the power switch and disconnect the power cord and all connected cables.
- This projector operates under high temperature and there is a burn risk so be sure to wait at least one hour minutes for the projector’s housing to completely cool.
Replace the lamp retention screw and tighten.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Your Smartboard SB680i3 projector has a built in lamp timer that tracks the life of the SmartBoard 20-01032-20 projector lamp. Whenever you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer back to zero.