How to install a replacement ProjectionDesign Cineo 3 projector lamp
End of life warning signs
When it’s time to replace the ProjectionDesign Cineo 3 projector lamp the projector lamp status indicators will turn red. Other warning signs may include a darker screen or colors that appear washed out or an deteriorating on screen image
Go with authentic
Be sure to buy your ProjectionDesign Cineo 3 projector uses the ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 model. Be sure to buy from an authorized dealer to keep your projector working properly.
6 reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- counterfeit lamps have half the life span of original lamps
- created toxic materials that can damage your health
- prone to explosions
- damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Replacing the ProjectionDesign Cineo 3 projector lamp
Before installation follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the ProjectionDesign Cineo 3 projector and unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the projector to cool for one hour.
a. Remove the two screws from the ProjectionDesign Cineo 3 projector lamp cover.
b. Push the lamp cover down to open the projector lamp cover.
c. Turn the three screws counter clockwise to release the lamp.
d. Pull out the ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 projector lamp.
e. Replace the new lamp into the projector. Being careful not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from your fingerprints will turn black spots onto the bulb.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
The lamp timer will be set to zero when the lamp is replaced. You can also use the lamp mode found on the sub menu to switch between lamp modes.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the ProjectionDesign Cineo 3.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life