Replace the Hitachi CP-X3010 projector lamp
Keep your projector working at its best by installing a genuine Hitachi CP-X3010 projector lamp. Only an OEM authentic replacement projector lamp will keep your projector working.
Why avoid counterfeits?
- shorter life than original lamps
- prone to explosions that can damage your projector
- created with toxic substitute parts that are a health hazard
- usually missing the proper safeguards to protect your eyesight from damage
- no calibrated properly so damage the sensitive optics in your projector
Tracking Hitachi CP-X3010 projector lamp
Keep track of the Hitachi CP-X3010 projector lamp life so you’ll know when to replace the projector lamp. Watch for these signs that indicated the projector lamp is reaching its end of life:
- The Power and Lamp Indicators will begin blinking.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor color quality.
Install the replacement projector lamp
- Turn off the Hitachi CP-X3010 projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. This projector works using high heat and there is danger you can be burned.
- NOTE: If the projector is mounted on the ceiling, don’t stand underneath the projector while opening the cover.
- Loosen the screw (marked by arrow) of the lamp cover and then slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the 3 screws (marked by arrow) of the projector lamp, and slowly pick up the lamp by the handles. Be careful not the bang the lamp.
- Insert the new lamp, taking care not to touch the actual bulb. Oil in your fingers will cause a dark spot on the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the 3 screws of the Hitachi DT01021 projector lamp that were loosened to remove the old projector lamp.
- Slide the lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the screw of the lamp cover.
- Turn on the projector and set the lamp timer
To reset the projector lamp timer:
Reset the projector lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp so the Hitachi CP-X3010 projector can properly track the lamp life. Otherwise you run the risk of using the lamp beyond its lamp life.
- Press the MENU button
- Scroll down to the GO TO ADVANCED MENU option. Press ENTER
- Scroll down to the OPTION menu in the left column and press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME. Press ENTER To make a dialogue field appear
- Scroll up to the RESET option on the dialogue box.
- The lamp setting will be set to zero.
Green your projector
Recycle your lamp housing by only replacing the Hitachi CP-X3010 bulb. Our video shows you how. It’s quick and easy.