Follow this step-by-step guide for replacing the Optoma HD27D projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the Optoma HD27D projector lamp you will notice several signs that indicate the lamp is reaching end of life:
- a warning message appears on screen
- the picture may become darker or dim
- color may look off
With so many choices, it can be confusing finding the correct Optoma HD27D projector lamp. It’s easy to get duped into buying counterfeit projector lamp posing. Always look for the seal of approval and watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit lamp:
- low price that seems too good to be true.
- labelling that looks amateurish
- Mismatched parts with glue on the edges.
- Bulb that is scratched inside its cage
Installing the projector lamp
You’ll know it’s time to replace the Optoma HD27D projector lamp when a message appears on screen warning you the lamp is reaching end of life. When this message appears replace the lamp immediately. You may also hear a loud pop when the lamp has reached end of life. The uses Optoma HD27D the Optoma SP.77011GC01 projector lamp.
Before replacing the projector lamp, follow these safety precautions
- Turn off the Optoma HD27Dprojector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Optoma HD27D projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch to prevent to getting burned.
- Step 1: Loosen the screw holding the Optoma HD27D projector lamp cover in place.
- Step 2: Remove the cover and place to one side.
- Step 3: Loosen the screw holding the Optoma SP.77011GC01 projector lamp in place.
- Step 4: Using the wire handle, gently lift the projector lamp out of the projector. NOTE: The Optoma SP.77011GC01 projector lamp projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
- Step 5: Remove the lamp cord.
- Step 6: Remove the lamp module carefully.
- Step 7: Insert the new Optoma SP.77011GC01 projector lamp into the projector and tighten the screws. Take care not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks onto the lamp.
- Step 8: Reconnect the new Optoma SP.77011GC01 to the lamp cord.
- Step 9: Using the wire handle, place the new new Optoma SP.77011GC01 into the projector.
- Step 10: Tighten the screw on the new Optoma SP.77011GC01 projector lamp.
- Step 11: Replace the Optoma HD27D lamp cover
- Step 12: Tighten the screw on the Optoma HD27D lamp cover
You are now ready to reset the Optoma HD27D lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma HD27D lamp timer
Your Optoma EP731 comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left on the projector lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp time.
- Press the Menu button to open the menu.
- Scroll down to the Setup menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Settings menu. Press ENTER.
- Select Lamp. Press ENTER.
- The lamp will be set back to zero.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps
- Generic lamps have a much shorter life
- Often these lamps use toxic chemicals as substitutes
- Generic lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- Generic lamps are not properly calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors and installing can void the guarante
Learn the TOP Tips for extending the lamp life in your Optoma EP731 projector lamp.