When it’s time to change your 3D perception CINEO 20 projector lamp consult our guide.
When it’s time to replace the 3D perception CINEO 20 projector lamp the STATUS lamp on the keypad will turn red. A message will appear on the screen; “LAMP LIFE TIME HAS EXPIRED! Please change lamp.”
Your 3D perception CINEO 20 projector uses the 3D Perception 400-0402-00 projector lamp. Be sure to purchase an authentic projector lamp and avoid the temptation of generic lamps with their seemingly great bargain prices.
There are several problems associated with generics that you want to avoid:
- shorter lamp life
- prone to explosions.
- manufactured with toxic and dangerous substitutes
- can’t be properly calibrated.
- voids your projector warranty if you install a generic.
Save yourself hassle and go with an authentic projector lamp.
Replacing the 3D perception CINEO 20 lamp
Before replacing the projector lamp:
- Wait until the projector is cool to the touch before removing the lamp. These projector work at a high temperatures and you can get badly burned.
- Be sure to unplug the projector before replacing the lamp.
Gently place the 3D perception CINEO 20 projector on a soft surface and turn it upside down to access the lamp cover.
Loosen the the screw holding the 3D perception CINEO 20 lamp cover in place (A).
Remove the lamp cover (B). Place it to one side
Loosen the the 3 screws on the 3D Perception 400-0402-00 projector lamp (C). Remove the lamp inside.
Insert the new 3D Perception 400-0402-00 projector lamp using the wire handle. (D). Tighten the three screws on the new lamp.
Replace the 3D perception CINEO 20 projector lamp coer. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
The 3D perception CINEO 20 tracks the projector lamp life so it will know when the lamp has reached end of life. After replacing the lamp, you have ,ist reset the lamp time to zero.
- Open up the main menu system. Hit Enter
- Scroll down to the Utilities sub menu.
- Scroll down to the Lamp reset option.
- Hit the arrow key to reset the lamp timer back to zero.
Extend the 3D perception CINEO 20 lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the projector and let it rest for at least two hours a day.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s mounted on the ceiling.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.